need help

dear friends i have belkin model f5d1632-4 i cant access its main page at

192.168.2.1 i tried to reset it several times noting in the lan connection "ie every thing in auto in tcip properties" it dont take an ip it takes virtual ip in autoconfigaring ip4 like 169.254.157.242 i think the main proplem that i cant access the main page at 192.168.2.1 can any one help
Reply to
wallahham
Loading thread data ...

If your pc is reporting it's IP address as starting with 169 then your PC is not getting an IP address from the router.

You may have a bad or wrong (x-over instead of a straight through) IP cable or some other problem. Some PC's need to be assigned a fixed IP in the

192.168.2.xxx range and have the default gateway set to 192.168.2.1 in order to make contact built in web pages.

The following link is from the Belkin help section. While the router used in the example is not the same as yours (which was not listed when I searched Belkin's help section) it should be able to get you working.

formatting link

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.