Wireless router with POE WAN port

I've been searching for a wireless router with a WAN port with POE, the reason is I want to power a wireless bridge as the WAN connection and I want the setup to be unclutered.

Thanks, Erin O'Meara

Reply to
omearae
Loading thread data ...

Maybe I'm minunderstanding the question, but how are you going to get power into the router using ethernet with less clutter? You still have to inject power into it somehow somewhere, normally the usual wall wart contraption.

Reply to
Rôgêr

Sorry if I was not clear, I'm looking for a wireless router that plugs into the wall. preferably with a few 10/100 switch ports on the back. But It would be nice if the WAN port had POE to power a remote bridge so I only have to plug in the Router and it would power the remote bridge thru the WAN port. not have a mess of wires and injectors.

Thanks, Erin O'Meara

Reply to
omearae

Oh, you want a router with a PoE power injector on the WAN port? Not going to happen!

[OTOH, you could make it up yourself for Linksys (for example) equipment by feeding the router's 12V supply over a spare pair to an AP. Details on request, but it makes everything non-standard and more difficult to repair.]
Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.