Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away

Lets see. I'll copy and paste the EXACT text again: "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away"

Yup, Crystal clear. You need to go back to reading basics.

Like you've done here, countless times?

from the beginning. It was clear.

Not once have I insulted anyone who did not insult me first. You know this but are trying to create another lie (and change the issue)

Then you have pig ears.

My thread was clear, polite and easy to answer (IE. apparently what I asked cannot be done with what I have, or cheaply).

But you are the one stupid, idiotic, rude and misleading, Mark. But you know this which is why you are claiming to ignore future posts. Of course that was a lie since I see below more posts. Liar.

Reply to
Discoduck
Loading thread data ...

Ah, no, it isn't (and remember it was in response to someones rudeness). Here you go:

formatting link

Good that you can finally admit it.

See?! You said you were going to ignore me. What happened? Oh yeah, you wanted to change the issue to insults, and lies, f*****ad!! They were in the right order and perfectly clear.

Reply to
Discoduck

Such comments are typical of (desperate) Trolls. LOL I guess you usually get a rise out of people for that remark, eh? LOL. You have no way of knowing my political views. But what we DO know is you are retarded fool (which falls on both sides of the political fence).

Reply to
Discoduck

You're not even typing anything here, Dana ol girl (or boy, or both).

Reply to
Discoduck

Yep, but at least I did admit I was wrong. You've yet to admit that you might not have made yourself clear (save the reposting of your edited OP and "what part isn't clear line. You've said it about a hundred times now) by not stating what you were trying to accomplish in the body.

Your subject could be takin totally different by changing one word. "Want to access a connection from about 2-3 blocks away" Someone not fully reading your subject then reading your body would make them draw the same conclusion that all the rest of us drew.

You've wasted alot of time defending yourself against almost everyone here instead of reading around the Wiki's and search engines for a solution to "your problem"

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Yep, that's how I took it.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

You still missing the point. It could sound like you have a connection (maybe a cheap one) and wanted to use the restaurants connection also (because it's faster maybe). Many ways for this to go.. You need to stop while your ahead. sheesh

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

The problem is you. He did read your post, and he concluded what everyone else concluded, that you wanted to access the resturaunts internet service.

Reply to
Dana

But it was clear. Anybody unbiased would reach the same conclusion as me. It was clear (unless you ignore certain parts like the subject line and part of the body)

Writing "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away " is much clearer as I state MY for a reason

Actually (and this is the part that cracks me up) YOU guys have wasted time as well. But trying to single me out is typical of a desperate attempt to win some sort of imaginary point.

And I did get answer. It's interesting you made (another) assumption that I didn't research elsewhere. That is the issue here: assumptions without looking at all or ignoring some of the information.

Reply to
Discoduck

I ignore the subject line in favor of the body of the post. Sometimes the subject is meant to attract the reader and the body of the post is more informative.

In some cases, like yours, the subject is truncated by my newsreader, and valuable information is lost while reading the listing of articles.

Your subject is of interest, but it contradicts the content of the post.

If you chose to discard the assistance of the people who have commented about your grammatical lapses because your original post, when read with the subject as part of the post, is clear, that's unfortunate for you.

If you choose to believe that 100 posts in this thread are incorrect, then you may choose to believe that.

Reviewing the list of respondents in this thread covers several of the persons who are technically helpful in the group on an active basis.

Reply to
dold

away]*. My home is higher than the

As I understand it, you have an internet connection at home and want to connect to it from some point 2-3 blocks away.

If you have a vehicle, I would consider a Links WRT54G at your house and a Linksys WAP54g in repeater mode on the roof of your car. Of course you can flash a Linksys or Buffalo with mesh capable firmware, but that's not trivial for the casual user.

Reply to
DTC

Which was odd considering I stated "I have the Internet at home" and stated all the other information too (router info, suggestions for accessing my connection, etc.)

Reply to
Discoduck

Actually YOU'RE missing the point. You made additional assumptions? Do you see how you got into trouble here? You've ignored everything points towards what I actually said "Want to access my connection from about 2-3 blocks away " "I have the Internet at home", etc and just started filling in your perceived blanks with erroneous information.

When you read something YOU should read it in its entirety INCLUDING THE SUBJECT. If still you find it unclear, you should ask questions- not make statements such as "Why not buy your own internet connection? Now there's an idea.... " in an incorrect, rude and abrassive tone. When i correctly pointed out that indeed I DO pay for an internet connection at home, and referred you to the OP where you missed that, you (and some of the others) got mad. What you should have done is asked a question for clarification in a non rude manner. Not made an (incorrect at that) assumption and ask an question rudely. You (should) know the cliche about assuming anything.

You got a response in the exact same tone as you made your incorrect statement. And THAT is what you and the others took exception too. "How Dare I talk back" mentality. Get over yourselves. You were wrong, and got called on it.

Reply to
Discoduck

The problem Dana is you and your group mentality. He did not read the post correctly. He made assumptions that had nothing to do with what I asked. For instance I state in the subject "Want to access MY connection from about 2-3 blocks away" To make it even clearer, I provided my own guess as to what would work. That suggestion could not and would not apply to what you read incorrectly. But he (And you) chose to ignore that-at his (and your) peril

Reply to
Discoduck

Sometimes? The subject is meant to be, well, the subject of the topic.

All I can suggest then is get a reader that you can read the subject line.

No it didn't. Why would I access another person router, with my own? It makes no sense-especially since I state I have the internet at home.

What's unfortunate is people only reading partial posts and making illogical assumptions.

Are you one of those people that believe the majority is always right? That's very sad and unfortunate because it quite simply isn't so.

Reply to
Discoduck

blocks away]*. My home is higher than the

correct.

Well this is interesting. Thank you very much. Do you mean literally have two routers, one on my car (parked outside my place)?

Reply to
Discoduck

You really are an asshole, aren't you? I mean really. You are an uneducated, bankrupt immoral communicable-disease-spreading asshole.

Reply to
Warren Oates

Sort of....

In the past, I had a Linksys WRT54G wireless router/hub on a mast on the roof of a building - about 60 ft up in the air and on a small mast on my truck I had a Linksys WAP54G access point running in repeater mode and could use my laptop inside a building with my truck parked outside.

Since I already did my routing inside my place, I connected a cable to the LAN port of the WRT54G (that way it wasn't doing any routing) and programmed the WAP54G as a repeater. I don't know how you wold do it with other products, but the WAP54G will only link up in repeater or client mode to another Linksys product. You could certainly reflash the Linksys units with a meshable (is that a word) firmware, but that's out of the scope of most casual users.

I still use this type of setup, but use Inscape Data access points for my wireless network and an Inscape Data client with various antennas depending if I want mobile wireless (low gain stub antenna) or long range hop (15 dB panel antenna on a pneumatic 40 ft. mast)).

You mentioned your car parked outside your place - No, that wouldn't work, you would need your car as close to the building where you are using your laptop.

Reply to
DTC

No Warren, that would be you. Awe, your poor iddy bitty feelings getting hurt so you try and resort to profanity? Then you get funnier by suggesting I'm immoral? LOL. ROTFLMAO. I am very educated (unlike you), highly moral (unlike you) and disease free (unlike you) furthermore I am very fit (unlike you) and mentally healthy (unlike you).

Reply to
Discoduck

thank you very much for your time and answer.

Reply to
Discoduck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.