Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Replacing USB DSL and Easing Into Wireless
September 5, 2005, 11:50 pm
rate this thread
I've got an Alcatel Speedtouch USB that I want to replace so that I
don't need that computer to be 'on' all of the time (using Windows
Internet Connection Sharing... never had a router).
Actiontec GT701-wg, Westell VersaLink 327W, and Speedstream 6300
came-up on eBay when I searched for 802.11g and DSL, but I couldn't
tell if I could still use my ethernet wiring (cat-5e) with them.
Is there a "one box" solution that will take me from DSL to 802.11g and
cat5e at the same time? (and is reasonable).
Are there any (more) DSL modem / wireless / wired routers out there
that would be good? Are they any that should be avoided (problematic)?
- » is there an easy way to get the IP ranges of T-mobile?
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Sure, Verizon blew $4.6 billion on AOL and Yahoo, but at least it isn't AT&T ...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » The global cashless movement meets its foe: Local government [telecom]
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum