Replacing USB DSL and Easing Into Wireless

I've got an Alcatel Speedtouch USB that I want to replace so that I don't need that computer to be 'on' all of the time (using Windows Internet Connection Sharing... never had a router).

Actiontec GT701-wg, Westell VersaLink 327W, and Speedstream 6300 came-up on eBay when I searched for 802.11g and DSL, but I couldn't tell if I could still use my ethernet wiring (cat-5e) with them.

Is there a "one box" solution that will take me from DSL to 802.11g and cat5e at the same time? (and is reasonable).

Are there any (more) DSL modem / wireless / wired routers out there that would be good? Are they any that should be avoided (problematic)?

--Dale--

Reply to
DRS.Usenet
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
You will almost certainly pay more for a one-box solution. DSL modems are essentially free, there are so many of them around.

Reply to
SMS

I have the actiontec and it does what you are asking. Find out what your ISP uses first. Some are not always compatable with all dsl services.

Reply to
DS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.