IBM Access Connections -- HELP!! -- Cant log on my laptop anymore

hey guys

i have a new IBM thinkpad (from work) that im trying to configure to work with my new netgear wireless router at home. ive been reading in this group that it would be easiest to install an access manager on the laptop, so i grabbed IBM access connections and installed it on my laptop, and rebooted after a successfull install....

and now all of a sudden, I cant log in to Windows on my laptop!

what happened??? what the hell did access connections do to my laptop? ive retyped my username and password 50 times, no luck. ive rebooted a dozen times.

what must i do?

the ONLY change i made between boots was installing IBM access connections. what happened????

thanks for any replies.

Reply to
allen
Loading thread data ...

I would guess you use a domain at work and are not connected. Access Connections probably turned off Cached logon mode (although it shouldn't have). When you connect to your office lan, you should be able to get in and correct the problem.

Reply to
Tom Scales

After a year, Ibm finally refunded us the full purchase price of a Thinkpad Cemtrino R40. Access Connections was a large part of the problem. AC lets you configure wireless through it's software, and xp lets you do the same. Sometimes, the R-40 would jump from one to the other, and they were not always compatible. Sorry to have to say this, but it was one long nightware, and the IBM techs. who twice came to our house (putting aside the many phone calls), could not get it to connect after our last move. THEIR inability to make it work justified the full refund.

So, we bought a Toshiba P4, configured WPA in an hour, put the key in the router, turned on the laptop, and it hasn't stopped working. Just my experience. Also, we were surprised to learn the the keyboard feel of the Toshiba was more comfortable to us than the IBM, and the 15.4" "Trubite" wide screen LCD is a joy to look at.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Sandweiss

Wow, that doesn't sound like fun. When I (briefly) used Access Connections, I was a big fan of it, and it worked great. However, that was under Win2K, so it was before M$ acknowledged the existence of wireless networks.

-Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.