Cant get access to network

Hi there,

I have a very puzzling problem and was hoping that some kind person out there may be able to help me out:-)

I have a D-Link DWL-G710 AirPlus Wireless range extender which is connected to a network (with a domain server running NT4.0), and although my laptop can connect to the range extender fine (with excellent signal strength), it's not giving me access to the network. If I go to the place which would normally show all the computers connected to the network, very few appear. If i refresh the box from time to time over the space of a few minutes, then one or two more may appear but it would still be well short of the full list. Then if i try and access one of the machines in the list it thinks about it for a while and then tells me that the machine is not accesible. This happens regardless of which machine I try and access. At first I was thinking that it may have had something to do with my pc's TCP/IP settings but:

I also have a Belkin F5D 7130 Access point/range extender attached to the network too elsewhere in the building. Now I can connect to this one fine as well (with decreased signal strength cos further away) BUT the difference is - this gives me full access to the network!

The thing is I would rather use the d-link one because it is in my office and gives me full signal strength. I've tried changing the channel on the D-link but without success.

If anyone has any thoughts at all on what the problem is then i'd be verey grateful for your help.

Thanks for reading

David

Reply to
David Gartrell
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.