70 minute loss of connection - please help

Hi all - my first post on your forum.

I am hoping the members of this forum can help where other forums have failed. I am getting desperate, so please respond if you have any ideas.

My setup: Apple Mac connected to a 'BT Broadband Hub'

formatting link
by ethernet cable. BT Broadband Hub is a wireless router. I have a 'Belkin Range Extender'
formatting link
which picks up the signal and boosts it to my 'Roku Soundbridge M1001'
formatting link
at the far end of the house.

My problem: All works well except that every 70 minutes (to the second) the Soundbridge loses the connection to the music library on the Mac and I have to reboot the Soundbridge to reconnect. However, the Soundbridge is still connected to the network as I don't lose internet radio connection.

Roku say it is an issue with the Belkin, and to be fair if I move the location of the Soundbridge so that it is in range to connect directly to the BT Hub, taking the Belkin out of the equation, all works fine.

Belkin have responded to say it is to do with Port forwarding settings, but won't explain what this means in practice. I have had various other suggestions from the Roku and the Firefly (server software) forums, the most useful to date being that it is likely that the Belkin is changing the encryption key every hour and then 10 mins later dumping the old one. I am using WEP encryption.

I would welcome any help or suggestions on how to identify this problem.

thanks Duff

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Duffledorf
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.