Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does WPA/PSK encrypt the MAC addresses ?
OK, thanks for that. I suspected as much but it seemed to make the routers policy of only accepting certain MACs as completely pointless from the security POV so I thought I'd better check. Thanks...

Access Point connects to internet on labtop Mac, but not desktop windows!
I recently bought a wireless-g access point to connect to my router to have wireless internet. Right away my labtop mac picked up the access point's wireless internet. It works fine in using it now to...

IP address conflict
I have a wireless network configured with 2 Wireless routers set up with DHCP - non-conflicting ranges and 6 computers set up with fixed IP . I have not set any encryption as I want casual users to be...

Problems connecting with Linksys WRT54G
Recently started having problems getting the router to work on 2 desktops - neither are wirelessly connected. The cable lights are on, the router lights are on, it shows on the computer that it is...

Cannot connect to hotspots after adding adhoc.
I have never had problems connecting to a wireless hotspot before till after adding an adhoc network (under preferred networks). I wanted to get my Toshiba Laptop and my HP Pocket PC talking to each...

Help please! Where to connect??
HI, I want to make a cantenna but I have some doubts. I have a WLAN Broadcom card. It has two little connectors (one says "main" and the other "aux"). Should I Solder the coaxial cable directly to one...

Why does signal strength fluctuate
Hi, I'm wondering what causes signal strength to fluctuate. The strength from my router to my computer goes up and down throughout the day. One sec the strength is low the next it is high. The...

Newbie Problem...Repeater WRE54G...
Hi all, My thanks in advance of any replies and for you guys reading this. Bit of a long question really, but bare with me.... I am currently working in Menorca fixing boats, I decided that I needed a...

Bluesocket Wireless Gateway WG1100
Hi As new £5000 worth of WG1100 with version 4 software for sale. Supports up to 100 concurrent connections. Superb method of low maintenance wireless security. £1000 ono UK Midlands Respond in this...

The only DSL game in town
I have a problem I _think_ can be fixed with a router or security appliance (wired or wireless), but would like an opinion. I have just received a promise of getting DSL within the next two months --...

Improving wireless signal strength?
Got my router/AP by my front door and my desktop PC is upstairs. Not very far but the signal strength is not great. What can be done to improve it? Can I get a bigger/better aerial attached to the...

500mw booster
ok so i got 1 ov these alfa cards ' Alfa 500mW USB Wireless B/G Adapter with RP-SMA Antenna Jack' ( is a big improvment next i got a yogi 17dbi anntenna ' NEUE Yagi Antenne 18 dBi mit 3 Meter / RP-SMA...

building a wireless bridge
Here's the situation: I have DSL and use a Versalink WireSpeed 327w as my modem and my router. I only have one jack in my apt., and my office is on the other side of the place. Instead of running a...

Tv sender signals via wireless network card
Since I hear so frequently people complaining that their TV senders are interfering with their wireless home networks I guess they are sharing freqencies. It occurred to me that it may be possible to...

simple question about using WEP-protected access points
I have a single desktop WinXP PC and a WPN111 - RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter. in my house I can detect 3 to 5 access points, only one of them was completely unlocked. now that one is locked. I...