Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Apple Mac G4 Power book - apps for wifi
the pull-down menu to download KisMAC v0.12a for OS X 10.2.

Bridge Configuration Issue
Apologies in advance if this has been asked/answered before but I haven't found it. I'm using an Engenius/Senao 3220 on my boat, configured as a bridge, to access shore based access points. It is set...

Two 3Com wireless routers to extend range
I have two 3Com 3CRWDR101A-75 officeconnect wireless routers. One is connected to a DSL line and the small wired office network. The second is to be used as a range extender. I set it up with WDS...

Edimax EW-7128g Aquiring network address
I recently installed an Ralink Edimax EW-7128g (802.11g) PCI card in the office comp. Had xp home on there n it connect fine, no issues. Day before yesterday I installed xp pro and after getting all...

Cable Companies Team Up
Cable companies have teamed up with hardware companies for some great broadband offers. Check them out at http://www.dsldance.com

Wireless File Sharing
Yes, I did but did not resove the issue. Kind regards Mark

Edimax EW-7128g Aquiring network address
I recently installed an Ralink Edimax EW-7128g (802.11g) PCI card in the office comp. Had xp home on there n it connect fine, no issues. Day before yesterday I installed xp pro and after getting all...

Does WPA/PSK encrypt the MAC addresses ?
OK, thanks for that. I suspected as much but it seemed to make the routers policy of only accepting certain MACs as completely pointless from the security POV so I thought I'd better check. Thanks...

Access Point connects to internet on labtop Mac, but not desktop windows!
I recently bought a wireless-g access point to connect to my router to have wireless internet. Right away my labtop mac picked up the access point's wireless internet. It works fine in using it now to...

IP address conflict
I have a wireless network configured with 2 Wireless routers set up with DHCP - non-conflicting ranges and 6 computers set up with fixed IP . I have not set any encryption as I want casual users to be...

Problems connecting with Linksys WRT54G
Recently started having problems getting the router to work on 2 desktops - neither are wirelessly connected. The cable lights are on, the router lights are on, it shows on the computer that it is...

Cannot connect to hotspots after adding adhoc.
I have never had problems connecting to a wireless hotspot before till after adding an adhoc network (under preferred networks). I wanted to get my Toshiba Laptop and my HP Pocket PC talking to each...

Help please! Where to connect??
HI, I want to make a cantenna but I have some doubts. I have a WLAN Broadcom card. It has two little connectors (one says "main" and the other "aux"). Should I Solder the coaxial cable directly to one...

Why does signal strength fluctuate
Hi, I'm wondering what causes signal strength to fluctuate. The strength from my router to my computer goes up and down throughout the day. One sec the strength is low the next it is high. The...

Newbie Problem...Repeater WRE54G...
Hi all, My thanks in advance of any replies and for you guys reading this. Bit of a long question really, but bare with me.... I am currently working in Menorca fixing boats, I decided that I needed a...