Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

cantenna question
I'm putting together a cantenna like the one here: instructions say to use 12 gauge copper wire for the N-connector. The photo shows solid wire. I have some 12 gauge twisted copper wire. Will that...

SSID broadcast disabled - wireless connection lost
Yes. I think that I saw that before I "fixed" the problem. My SSID was designated as "manual" and there was another SSID called "wireless" that was designated as automatic. I deleted the "wireless"...

Wireless network for Cabin/RV resort
There are several commercial companies that do that for rv parks and marinas, you may want to check with them.... the stuff under the heading HD24643 CAMPGROUND Wireless Design & Consultation Service...

CompUSA Router - Station-Infrastructure and Station-AdHoc Modes
I have a CompUSA Wireless Router. In the wireless configuration section, it has a number of options, including Station-Infrastructure and Station-AdHoc. The documentation is totally silent on what...

No Internet Connection Between Router and Modem
Hello, No Internet Dilemma! Ive been trying to help my friend out for the last couple of nights with his new home networking setup. All he wants is to connect to the internet via his laptop over...

My Netgear decided to quit today.
With a couple of hiccups, reboots, and power cycles, my Netgear WGR614v4 seems to have given up. It still has power and lights... It just doesn't communicate any more. I replaced it with a Linksys...

How to create a controlled HotSpot?
We have a campground/retreat/conference center here, with a single router WiFi network already set up, and with some 10-odd users scattered throughout the day. I'd like to get more control over the...

Powerline Adapters to extend range???
I had several people here reply previously that I should avoid a Range Extender because it will reduce (by half?) the speed of my internet access on all of my machines. LinkSys support agreed that...

Switching between wifi cards?
I have a Compaq Presario V6000 running XP. I installed a TP-Link WN321G want to be able to switch back to the internal wifi card. The TP-Link has taken over. Sometimes I want to use the Tp-link usb...

Finally! some actual DSL to network
After almost three months of promises (and paying for the non-existent service), AT&T-cum-Earthlink finally brought DSL to my demarc. Soon, it'll be time to network the house and barn, and you all...

Wireless Dropouts with a funky twist
Hi, First of all thanks to anyone who posts, i imagine a fair few of these issues would go unnoticed. My specs are: ADSL2+ internet connection connected to my pc through a wireless network...

Newb Bluetooth problem
Heres my problem, i've setup my bluetooth headset, but now i want to use my speakers...I'm running vista home premium, and wondering how i can cycle between listening in my speakers and using my...

Limited or no connectivity
HELLO ALL, I HAVE A LINKSYS WIRELESS ROUTER MODEL WRT150N AND A LINKSYS WIRELESS NIC MODEL WUSB54GR. THE ROUTER IS IN THE BASEMENT AND THE NIC IS ON THE SECOND FLOOR. WHEN I TRY CONNECTING TO THE...

Looking for missing piece in WLAN long distance setup
Hello all, I am attempting to setup a friend with a WLAN and I am stuck on one last part. Here is the setup so far. The cable modem hookup is located at the bottom of a hill. He is trying to get the...

What Is The Hands Down Best Long Range Router??
im tryin to get good wireless reception in my office out back of my house... i just bought a linksys home router and pci adapter but im only averaging about 20 mbps and that just isnt fast enough.......