Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Compaq laptop wireless w200 antenna jack howto use
i've got a compaq laptop n800c and bought a proprietary wireless card that fits on the back of the display. in the stock config it works satisfactory. but want more.. during install i noticed what...

cantenna??
Anybody have any experience with the cantenna? I was going to buy the wirelessgarden cantenna but it only has a 3 foot cable. I dont know if the 3 foot cable is a piggy back N type like the one on my...

SMC Gateway for VPN?
I'm getting a static IP from Comcast (in order to share an ACT database) and Comcast will provide me an SMC Gateway model 8013 or 8014. The SMC has VPN pass thru. If I wish to access the home computer...

bridging 2 buildings 500ft apart
Hello, I am new to this, please bear with my ignorance. cable modem to a d-link 614 router. I was thinking of putting a radiolabs booster antenna(500mw). 150 ft run to antenna location on roof,...

I can get a little wifi singal, but...
I live in an area where boradband is almost impossible without spending a fortune on sat dish internet. A business nearby has a wireless signal but, it is somewhat weak. I spoke to the company and...

Finding MAC address of currently connected AP
Running XP, using the wireless zero configuration service, I need to find out the MAC address of the access point that I'm connected to. Netstumbler and similar programs can give me a list of all APs...

wireless enables laptops
I have a WIRED router connected to my laptop via ethernet. My laptop DEll Inspiron 1501 has a wireless card built in or wifi built in. I want to know if i can use my laptop as a access point to...

Zero Prefix and the CP
Hi, I understand that zero prefix reduces the transmit power in OFDM based systems. Then, why is cyclic prefix(CP) used widely and is more popular ? Why has WiMAX opted for Cyclic Prefix ? Any ideas ....

Need to boost my router signal. HELP
I need to boost my wireless signal from my router. My shop is about 50 ft from my home . If I leave the walkin door open to the shop I can receive wireless but when I close the doors . Which it is...

tutorials
tutorials textbooks,ebooks,seminar topics,seminars,visit tutorial text books * Applied Cryptography * VB Script text boo * java script text book * CGI Programming text book * java text book *...

tutorials
tutorials textbooks,ebooks,seminar topics,seminars,visit tutorial text books * Applied Cryptography * VB Script text boo * java script text book * CGI Programming text book * java text book *...

WIRELESS FIEDELITY [WI-FI]
WIRELESS FIEDELITY [WI-FI] tutorials textbooks,ebooks,seminar topics,seminars,visit tutorial text books * Applied Cryptography * VB Script text boo * java script text book * CGI Programming text book...

Looking for a wireless router that can email its traffic logs on a periodic basis...
I need a wireless router that can email its traffic logs on a periodic basis. I thought this would be a common option, but apparently, no one on earth decided to make this a feature on their routers....

WPA-PSK key help
I set up a wireless network using a D-link router about 2 years ago. I tried setting up my PlayStation 3 using that same network but it will not connect. I'm not sure if the WPA key I am using is...

New Bie to RFID? Get RFID expertise through selfpaced courses for free
Get to know the basics of RFID and RFID UID/DOD for free with World wide leader in RFID training solutions provider RFID4U. RFID is not a plug and play technology, it concerns with various factors...