Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

How many AP's do i need?
Hi all, im soon to setup a wireless bridge for a friend. There is 2 buildings involved, they are approx 100-150 feet apart with line of sight. my aim is purely to provide internet access to what is...

wireless problems
i have a wireless home network ,the host PC is running Visata while the client is running windows xp,the client pc has a Belkin Wireless USB adapter,my router is BT Home Hub. the problem is i can not...

Buffalo router Question
Hi, I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S that has 2 hardwired PCs connected. When both PCs are on, I get about dial-speed. When one PC is off, I get about 7-8 kB/s and when I direct connect to my Wireless...

I'm divorcing Linksys; suggestions please . . .
I have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router, a repeater, a print server and a card for my laptop. After years of struggling with a stable network (how often have I had to reset my router? Let me count...

Getting on a WPA network
Hi, My Dell laptop used to connect to the wireless box at work no problem. I had to start with a new disk some months ago since the old one failed. I reinstalled Windows with my Dell recovery cd and...

Extend wireless range using additional phone point
{Sorry if this question is a duplication - I did search, but didn't find a specific answer regarding the two phone points.} I need to extend a wireless signal to the far end of my house. At one end of...

3Com 3CRWER100-75 WDS mode
Hi, I have 2 3Com 3CRWER100-75 and I would like to configure WDS. Channel is on both the AP's the same. MAC filtering is enabled and setup on both AP's There is no DHCP server is running Both AP's...

Linksys WRT54G / Fujitsu Lifebook S-series interoperability issues
Greetings, gurus. My fiancée and I have a small LAN configured at home which is connected to the internet (Virgin Media, a UK Cable ISP) via a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. It's been fine and dandy...

wireless problems
ok this is my first time on this site and i think this is probably the right forum if its not then im sorry =( this may be kinda long but this is the whole story and i dont have computer smarts by any...

Belkin router suddenly stops broadcasting wireless
Hello. I just recently purchased a Belkin F5D8233-4 N Wireless Router. It's obviously not the best but I figured it would do. Took me no time at all to set up. I have it connected via ethernet to my...

USB wi-fi adaptor for use with kismet, netstumbler, etc.
Hello, I am going to be buying a usb stick wifi adaptor for building a parabolic signal booster, but I would prefer to buy one that will work with vista(or linux) running programs like netstumbler and...

802.11n -- When will the standard be finalized?
It must be at least 5 or 6 years since I first saw "Draft-N" or "Pre-N" devices. Is there any word when the Standard is likely to be finalized? Perce

Issue Using Power Line and Wireless
Hello. I have always had a power line internet connection in my house which is very old and will not transmit wireless signals very well. The power line works very well between an upstairs (main) and...

I can't remember the name of a particular manufacturer
I was looking around at the various mesh products available and found a manufacturer that had a complete setup. I am not endorsing any product, brand, or manufacturer. I am simply VERY frustrated...

Wireless Networking Issue
Hi Folks, I am looking for any assistance with the following problem. I have a Toshiba Laptop, Centrino, think its the M60 although not 100%, and it has an Intel 2200BG wireless card built in. The...