VPN Gateway Failover query

Hello Gurus,

I am a networking newbie, working on a project to upgrade the current VPN gateway in my company. Here's the scenario: I have a VPN gateway at a remote site which I would call as C. There are two VPN gatewy's A and B at my current site. B is the main gateway and A is a backup in case B fails. I have setup Site-to-Site Tunnels on all these gatewyas with appropriate security associations. I am using the IPSEc security profile. C has tunnels to both A and B.B tunnel has metric 0 and A has metric on

1. B has a tunnel to C and knows that its failover option is A. I have tested the tunnels manually and they seem to work fine. My question to you guys, Currenlty I setup a static route on the core at the current site to route all traffic to C through VPN gateway B. In case of B failing, I will have to manually change this route to go through VPN A. Is there a way by which I could automate this routing change? I am using Shiva 3115 VPN gateways and they have an option to configure OSPF. Do I need to setup dynamic routing on the VPN gateways or on the main core?And how?

Thank you in advance. Ankit

Reply to
apsolar
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.