netgear 318 os x <-> netgear 318 os x mixed success

I wonder if someone could clear something up for me.

I can get the Netgear 318's to show up as "Active" in the VPN Status which means they're working. the subnets are different... one is

192.168.0.1 and the other is 10.0.1.1 onwards.. i forget the proper syntax but you get what i mean. anyway the router says they connect fine. now what is it I have to exactly do to be able to let the 10.0.1.0 network to connect to the 192.168.0.0 network? keeping in mind this is over os x... i have opened appletalk service, but do i have to do that for all ip numbers specifically or whats the deal? surely they dont really want me to input 254 specific ports for each machine. Really we just want to see one computer with one IP on one side. and maybe some printers.. but nothign shows up when we browse the network.

am i missing something or should it just work out of the box when its active?

an airport base station is dishing out ip addresses on our side, but this shouldnt effect anything

any help appreciated thanks`

Reply to
sicapitan
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.