SecureClient for OS-X and parallels NAT

HI,

I'm using a MacBook Pro, with Parallels running Windows XP (it's a VM that allows running XP as an application in OS-X).

Parallels supplies networking to the XP on the VM via a NAT service in OS-X. The VM connects to the NAT service gateway, and the NAT uses the Mac's internet connection. Usually this all works fine.

Now, I also need to connect to my office network using a CheckPoint SecureClient VPN-1 for OS-X. So I installed SecureClient, and since then the VM is having network problems. I can get DNS services and ping from XP, but nothing else works. From OS-X I have no trouble with connecting, and everything works fine. I'll note that just installing SecureClient creates the problem, even when I'm not connected with it to the office. Uninstalling it solves the problem.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing SecureClient's firewall somehow blocks trafic coming from the NAT network interface for some reason.

I'm connected to the internet via a cable modem and then a PPTP VPN to my ISP.

Is there any way to configure SecureClient to solve this?

Any help would be appreciated. Yaron Tadmor

Reply to
yarontt
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.