Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

[telecom] Apple Finally Reveals How Long Siri Keeps Your Data
Apple Finally Reveals How Long Siri Keeps Your Data BY ROBERT MCMILLAN 04.19.13 All of those questions, messages, and stern commands that people have been whispering to Siri are stored on Apple...

Timeline of Provo UT fiber network before Google, and a Google Gotcha [Telecom]
As many of you may know, Google has been offering to provide Gigabit Internet services with Austin TX being the second city to be so provisioned and Provo UT the third. Provo already had a failing...

Any opinions about xLink BT? [telecom]
The good, the bad, and the ugly. This is a device that connects your cell phones to the wired phones (including cordless base stations) in your home. search amazon or elsewhere for xlink bt thanks

Do not mention his name [telecom]
Every few days, I catch up on those I follow at the Twitter site, and yesterday I got a "retweet" from Dan Tynan, who writes for Infoworld and other publications. He referred to an aritcle by security...

Coconut Connection [telecom]
I'm reading a journal article from a decade or so ago which in passing refers to the "Coconut Connection" case, which it describes as the largest telecommunications fraud on record. A quick google...

[telecom] Networks Threaten To Pull Channels Off The Air If Aereo & Dish Win Lawsuits
Hilarious And Ridiculous: Networks Threaten To Pull Channels Off The Air If Aereo & Dish Win Lawsuits by Mike Masnick Mon, Apr 8 2013 The entertainment industry has a long, long history of claiming...

[telecom] Verizon extends cell phone upgrade period to 24 months
Verizon extends cell phone upgrade period to 24 months April 15, 2013 NEW YORK (AP) - Verizon Wireless, the country's largest cellphone carrier, is extending the time it takes to earn a subsidized...

[telecom] Cellphone crackdown nets 300 tickets in North Shore communities
Cellphone crackdown nets 300 tickets in North Shore communities By John P. Huston, Chicago Tribune reporter April 15, 2013 A recent enforcement crackdown on motorists who were using cell phones while...

[telecom] Criminal courts building begins cellphone ban without a hitch
Criminal courts building begins cellphone ban without a hitch No arrests reported as people entering 26th and California told to stow electronic devices By Jason Meisner, Chicago Tribune reporter...

CISPA Amendments passed out of committee [telecom]
Electronic Frontier Foundation APRIL 12, 2013 | BY MARK M. JAYCOX AND RAINEY REITMAN Wednesday, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence marked up the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and...

About CISPA [telecom]
First SOPA, then PIPA, now CISPA -- read all about it here: : . Cheers, -- tlvp

As Aereo threatens to alter TV landscape, major networks promise a fight [telecom]
By Cecilia Kang, Washington Post, April 8 For consumers who want to cut their cable cord and get all of their television from the Internet, there's been a major obstacle: It's hard to get live sports...

anti-robocall technology encouraged by FTC [telecom]
The Philadelphia Inquirer reported on new technologies that may stem the onslaught of robocalls. The FTC is encouraging such developments. Software that can filter calls through a combination of...

[Telecom] Canceled Foreign Listing Accounts
I moved to New Mexico over four years ago from Marietta, Georgia. I had my telephone number listed with AT&T directory assistance using foreign listings since I was using a VOIP provider for my home...

[telecom] Breaking Free of the Cellphone Carrier Conspiracy
Breaking Free of the Cellphone Carrier Conspiracy By DAVID POGUE April 3, 2013 Where, exactly, is your threshold for outrage? Would you speak up if you were overbilled for a meal? Would you complain...