Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying
One thing that I haven't seen brought up here re the issue of having your fingerprint "on file" is that I believe the Biometric systems actually record (and store) a "hash" value of the particular ID,...

One in 20 People May Have a Mobile Phone Illness
Sunday Times - Ireland Richard Oakley UP TO 5% of the population may be suffering ill health as a result of radiation from mobile phones and masts, according to a group of Irish doctors fighting for...

Drivers on Cell Phones Kill Thousands, Snarl Traffic
on Cell Phones Kill Thousands, Snarl Traffic By Robert Roy Britt LiveScience Senior Writer Finally, empirical proof you can blame chatty 20-somethings for stop-and-go traffic on the way to work. A new...

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers do the Paying
"Harvard graduate" has *NOTHING* to do with the ability to memorize and recall two telephone numbers. The quality of your strawmen is slipping. In point of *proven* fact -- as in many, *many*...

Re: Update Interval For E911 Records
Pat, He's in the business of replacing existing phones and wire with new equipment, and old key systems with PBX's and dial tone provided by a CLEC. Suffice to say that experience has shown there are...

Re: British TV License (was America the Worst For Cell Rates)
Yes, I thought of that too. It certainly seems reasonable, anyway.

Satellite Radio Technology
Haven't gotten clear answers yet from the NG on a couple of very fundamental questions re satellite radio technology (Sirius or XM) so I'll venture to ask them here: 1) If I purchase a subscription to...

Old Party-Line Arrangements
I'm interested in getting some more detailed historical information on the way party-lines were arranged years ago. Here in Britain with our relatively small area and comparatively high density of...

Re: Supermarket: Let Your Fingers Do the Paying
In a message dated 2/5/05 11:04:34 PM Central Standard Time, writes: Is there some relationship between memorization skills and being a Harvard graduate (or attaining any other educational level)?...

Re: Voicepulse Owns Your Number
Port it to a landline carrier, then port it to Carolina net. Numbers port only between carriers that have agreements, and VOIP carriers tend not to have agreements with each other. They all have...

NEC Eelectra 616 Technical Specs
Dear Sirs: I would appreciate you to send me technical data, specifications and wiring info on the telephone system (NEC Electra 616), or if there is someplace on the net which may have information on...

Verizon Launches FiOS in Plano, Texas
USTelecom dailyLead April 18, 2006 TODAY'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Verizon launches FiOS in Plano, Texas BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Birch comes out of Chapter 11 * Charter adds, expands markets...

Google buys Web video phenomenon YouTube
USTelecom dailyLead October 10, 2006 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Google buys Web video phenomenon YouTube BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Sprint Nextel chairman to retire * Google's acquisition may...

Convergence at the Heart of New Telecom Paradigm
USTelecom dailyLead October 13, 2006 'S HEADLINES NEWS OF THE DAY * Analysis: Convergence at the heart of new telecom paradigm BUSINESS & INDUSTRY WATCH * Telefonica to offer VoIP, IPTV in Germany *...

This Time Around, I am Trying Sage Telecom
Monday morning, I woke up sort of angry at how basically useless Trinsic had been in swapping over my account from Prairie Stream. I spent about 45 minutes more or less right after waking up on hold...