Where to place smokes/heat?

They may have been supportive of your questions, but it doesn't really sound like they have answered them to your satisfaction

Doug

Reply to
Doug
Loading thread data ...

Trust me on this one, ADT has no custom home team. You are fooling yourself, and why? Cuz they were cheaper. Wait, you're not s software or network engineer, are ya? js

Reply to
alarman

I bet he's handy with electronics and good with a soldering iron, they all are......all of em

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Just to reassure you, you're right! Your experience of National vs local independents is not what I would expect to hear. This has not been the case in my experience and from most experiences that have been recounted here in ASA. I must also say that I've NEVER heard of an ADT home installation team either. I think that they may have created one ..... expecially for you. Just make sure when installation day comes along, that you're right there ...... before they begin... asking to see the size, type and location of the parts they intend to install.

You, having had three independents lose out to a National .... certainly the possibility is there for that to happen ... but the hardest thing of all for be to believe is that they're really are capable of installing a really

professionaly looking system in a home.

Reply to
Jim

since they aren't drilling the windows and instead using the wireless sensors there... how hard is it really to do a "clean" install of 3 panels, 3 smokes, 1 heat, 2 motions, and 22+ windows? these are all ademco stuff, the units they are using are in fact the same units being offered by the only independent that was even close. i am really torn up because that independent called and is hinting at trying to get closer to the ADT price point but i think it won't happen because ADT is going to convert some of the "neat stuff but i don't need it" equipment in the package (ie. phone dial in control, two way voice) to more window and door sensors (to protect my daughters upstairs room which i wasn't going to do before). the result is not only will the independent have to come down in price, but would have to *add* more door/window sensors to the package. if they got within $500 i would do it, but man...

really i know a lot of folks are down on ADT, but really... what kind of installation nightmare could i be in for. (and yes... i certainly will be overseeing the install and the sales folks, managers know that clearly with my weeks of questions before going with them.)

summary: ADT corporate (not a reseller/agent) is selling me the system outright, no lease. they are guaranteeing in writing that after the contract period is over (3 years with early buy out rights) they will provide the master unlock code for the ademco panel so it can be monitored by independents. i will get the pro 3000 control, 3 custom keypads, 5 door contacts, 2 motion detectors, 1 sounder, 1 exterior strobe, celluar backup, 3 barrier bars, 1 shock/pull-apart sensor, 20 windows, 3 smokes, 1 heat and 2 CO2 detectors. Total price before tax < $3300. The monitoring including the buglar/fire/CO2/cell-backup/service plan (including batteries) is $58 (vs. $53 which is as low as an independent would go with matching service.)

Reply to
canyonblue

js

Reply to
alarman

Not hard at all, it should be a routine install for any company, large or small, which makes it that much stranger that you would have to ask on the internet how and where to place the sensors since your chosen company is apparently none too sure, in fact they seem so unsure of being able to install what is essentially a lick and stick system in your home that they have to send a "Custom Home Team", no doubt the regular installers have difficulty remembering that its self adhesive tape on the back of the sensors and end up sticking the things to their tongues instead of the windows.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

Wait till you see how crappy 5816's look when you use the internal contact and not remotely locate the transmitter and use an external switch. I've seen them stick the magnets on the window glass.

54 bucks a month is high for monitoring...sheesh I don't even charge that for commercial fire.

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... | | > You, having had three independents lose out to a National .... | > certainly the | > possibility is there for that to happen ... but the hardest thing of | > all for | > be to believe is that they're really are capable of installing a really | >

| > professionaly looking system in a home. | | since they aren't drilling the windows and instead using the wireless | sensors there... how hard is it really to do a "clean" install of 3 | panels, 3 smokes, 1 heat, 2 motions, and 22+ windows? these are all | ademco stuff, the units they are using are in fact the same units being | offered by the only independent that was even close. i am really torn | up because that independent called and is hinting at trying to get | closer to the ADT price point but i think it won't happen because ADT | is going to convert some of the "neat stuff but i don't need it" | equipment in the package (ie. phone dial in control, two way voice) to | more window and door sensors (to protect my daughters upstairs room | which i wasn't going to do before). the result is not only will the | independent have to come down in price, but would have to *add* more | door/window sensors to the package. if they got within $500 i would do | it, but man... | | really i know a lot of folks are down on ADT, but really... what kind | of installation nightmare could i be in for. (and yes... i certainly | will be overseeing the install and the sales folks, managers know that | clearly with my weeks of questions before going with them.) | | summary: ADT corporate (not a reseller/agent) is selling me the system | outright, no lease. they are guaranteeing in writing that after the | contract period is over (3 years with early buy out rights) they will | provide the master unlock code for the ademco panel so it can be | monitored by independents. i will get the pro 3000 control, 3 custom | keypads, 5 door contacts, 2 motion detectors, 1 sounder, 1 exterior | strobe, celluar backup, 3 barrier bars, 1 shock/pull-apart sensor, 20 | windows, 3 smokes, 1 heat and 2 CO2 detectors. Total price before tax < | $3300. The monitoring including the buglar/fire/CO2/cell-backup/service | plan (including batteries) is $58 (vs. $53 which is as low as an | independent would go with matching service.) |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.