TG-1

Thinking about cutting the cord at home, but want to make sure my alarm system is taken care of. From what I have read, it sounds like the TG-1 is ideal for this situation. However, I cannot find ANYONE selling them. Anyone know where I can purchase it, and how does the monitoring work for it? Is it the same as Uplink or?

Thanks!

Reply to
mikesus
Loading thread data ...

ADT uses the TG-1 as their residential cell dialer.

1-800-ADT-ASAP
Reply to
J.

Ewww... Don't think I wanna go there!!! Would rather be ripped off by the phone company!

Reply to
mikesus

For the end user they are only available through your alarm dealer (that has an account with Telguard).

It's a GSM based cellular communicator that basically listens for the tones on your existing dialer, and transmits them to Telguard's central station. Telguard then forwards the data to the dealers central station via POTS lines. The Telguard unit simulates a CS receiver with the appropriate handshake/kissoff tones so the alarm panel thinks it dialed out successfully to a POTS line.

Reply to
G. Morgan

formatting link
Huh? Simply call Telular at 800-229-2326 as ask them for a dealer near you...

Call anyone other than ADT unless you want a guy who sold copiers last week to tell you all about how he is an expert in security now...

Reply to
camman

Hey I sold copiers last........never mind.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.