Removing the NAPCO MA1000e System

I've purchased a home with the NAPCO MA1000e security system installed. I've not subscribed to any monitoring service.

Earlier today I came home and the alarm went of - first time this has happened since we moved in 4 months ago. I stop the alarm I flipped the fuse switch for the circuit the alarm system is wired to - that stopped the alarm.

So now I want to turn off the system, so I can then remove all the visible components: key-pads, motion detector and the control panel.

I'm concerned that if I start cutting wires or disconnect the battery backup in the control box all hell will rain down on me.

What's the best way to go about this?

Reply to
Geoff Hummel
Loading thread data ...

disconnect battery unplug the small power transformer will stop alarm from going off. unplug phone line do not cut or you may loose phone line

Reply to
NickMark

I don't see any power transformer - is it possible that the control box is wired directly to the main power?

Reply to
Geoff Hummel

No. It could be plugged in anywhere in the house.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

is wired directly to the main power?

No, its a wall-wart type. It may be in the attic, behind the washing machine, in a bedroom...

Reply to
G. Morgan

Try garage door opener outlet

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.