Power Limitations for Concord System

I'm replacing an aged Rollins System VII alarm system.

I've selected the GE Concord 4 for our home and managed to use many, if not most, of the pre-existing sensors. I have the basic system up and running without any problems, and I'm now adding some of the "nice to have" features that are not part of the base Concord 4. Two that are of most interest are the cellular backup module and the Superbus 2000 Phone Interface Voice Module (60-777-01). I am also interested in the Wireless Gateway Kit.

The problem is that all of these accessories are eating up the available power. I started out with the base 16.5 volt 30 VA power supply, and then upgrades that to a powerline carrier transformed (also 16.5 volts, 30VA) so I could use some existing X10 lamp controls I have. I think the box can supply up to an amp with these transformers. I have also located a 16.5 volt

50 VA unit which should supply up to 2 amps. I'm not certain that will be enough so I'm thinking about other options.

One of course, is to start installing modules in separate panels, but I haven't had much luck locating any. AC power is not my strong suit. I know on the DC side I could hook batteries up in parallel to provide more amperage-- I wonder if this works for AC as well. That I even have to ask the question makes me wonder if I even want to try it.

Any ideas what other options I have?

Reply to
cwilliams28
Loading thread data ...

Or am I making this terribly more complicated than it needs to be?? I've got room in the panel and I have a couple of space panels to mount modules in. Don't I just need a reliable 12 volt power supply, and won't any reasonable one do? I can connect the wires that need to be connected to the panel that allow bus communications and connect the red 12 volt lead to the alternate power supply. That should work.

Reply to
cwilliams28

Here is the answer to my problem.

formatting link

Reply to
cwilliams28

they make a power supply for the concord 4, it connects to the bus so it is fully supervised.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

Do yourself a favor and get GE part no. 600-1019 Superbus2000 2amp powersupply that wires in to the Concord 4 and is supervised unlike the altronix in your later link.

Reply to
Sean Sokoly

I found three reference to this in GE product literature, but no one selling it. Perhaps it is availabel spcial order?

Reply to
cwilliams28

There are some dealers here who would probably be willing to order it for you for a reasonable profit.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.