Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

My understanding is that ADT does offer a cellular backup... which is at least an option although I hear its costly.

Reply to
brettjbyers
Loading thread data ...

I think you are right R.H., but at the time I had VOIP and Brinks was willing to work with me I had no idea it would turn into this big of a mess. I had one successful test in May of this year, but other than that the system has not worked since January. I guess the $300+ I have paid in monitoring this year is my lesson learned.

Reply to
brettjbyers

Tell Brinks you want a credit...a BIG credit towards your new system that you will allow them to install in your new house.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I started to write you a colorful reply, but I think your own words are a more powerful reflection of your character then anything I could write.

The Jerk

Reply to
brettjbyers

Hey at least your better half has been able to phone home instead of talking your ear off, thats got to be worth $300

Doug L

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Doug L

That has been my plan so i (and especially Brinks who I have said does not deserve this fiasco) but only after checking with this forum to see if anyone had suggestions which might work. Never would have expected this much of a response. Certainly has shed some light on a "controversial" topic. Maybe now we can talk politics and religion :)

Reply to
brettjbyers

Why should he get a big credit? Would you give a big credit if the alarm didn't work for 6 months cause they took out their doors and windows? Would you give a credit for an alarm not used for a year if they forgot the code? You wouldn't dream of it. So what's so diferent fom those and disconnecting phone service? He shut off his phone service and caused the alarm to have problems, that's his fault. Read his post and he still referes to his vonage crap as phone service. Slap him about the head and tell him to cancel his cable service, and get is alarm working the correct way, but you bait him on just because it's a big company. You would be crying a fit if every one of your customers asked you to cancel service and give a credit if they decided to cancel their electricty. Oh no I forgot, you would run out and buy them a generator and bring gas over every week so you look good to them. You're not fooling anyone.

Reply to
Jen...tel

BACKUP!! Get it?

Reply to
Jen...tel

Not really, if anything it's about what your Brinks monitoring costs

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Haven't you read the posts? He WANTS to pay for monitoring that he doesn't have so he can carry his contract over to his new house "with real telephone service" and all he wants is to have his system programmed to not call out. On the systems we install that is as simple as zeroing out the receiver line numbers. He is not complaining that Brinks can't get his system working with vonnage - he accepts that as a given. He accepts his responsibility in the issue in that he is willing to pay for a service he can't receive since it is his fault he can't receive it. At this point our manager give him such a credit - but with our company it never would have gotten this far. Either Brinks needs a better training program or they need to get better gear.

Jen...tel wrote:

We would if they kept calling and asking to have the zones deprogrammed and we kept screwing it up.

We would if they had called time and time again to get new codes programmed and we kept screwing it up.

I would agree with you IF he changed to vonnage and was simply complaining that Brinks couldn't get his system to work with it... he takse that as a given and accepts his responsibility in it. He just wants the system programmed locally until he is out of this house.

He accepts that.

Read his post and he still referes to his vonage

Apples and oranges...

Oh no I forgot, you would run out and buy them a generator

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I would most absolutely for certain give him a credit if I told him VoIP (which I wouldnt) would work and continued to tell him that and then fall short on the promise.

You analogies are incorrect.

....plus you're annoying.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

well, we've always known she's annoying...now we know why...she can't read.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I remember some years ago, this lady came on the newsgroup and was controversial for awhile. I can't remember the basis for the controversy, but I distinctly remember raised hackles on the group for some reason or another. I believe that she is or was part of the telephone industry.

Hmmmm....should I be saying.."welcome back Jen"...or what....:))

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

Any controversy is cause i call it as it is. The guy got an alarm. The alarm needs a POTS line. He disconnected the POTS line. He wants the beeping to stop. He's paying for their service. The beeping is cause theirs no POTS line. Brinks is trying to get it to work,. He won't cancel cause he wants to move with the system. What is the alarm techs solution? For brinks to accept payment each month for monitoring but shut off the monitoring so it won't beep. Sounds like their solution is for the company to do something that isn't their procedures just cause the idiot wants his wife to blab to the folks back home. Why don't he just get a POTS line for the months he's still at his house? Nobody suggested that, did they? It's all on the alarm company to solve the jerk's stupidity. So he moves to his next home but shuts off electricity? Now what?? Tell me R.H. Campbell, who's not doing their part as they agreed? If brinks is doing their part or trying to do their part as bets they can, how come nobody is telling the idiot to go get a POTS line for a month or so and the problem is solved? Why should any company be made the bad guy in this, and not the customer?

Reply to
Jen...tel

Joe it does not matter what he wants brinks tio do. Brinks wants a POTS line for the alarm and that's all she wrote. the idiot isn't doing his part by having the correct telephone service. Forget brinks, tell him he broke the contract and it don't matter if brinks tries installing 2 tin cans and a string. Until he gets POTS service, he's at fault, end, period, finished! or is that above your shriveled grape head?

Reply to
Jen...tel

NOT ANYMORE!! Get it?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I "think" you may be talking about that one lady who was pushing a proprietary panel, I don't think this is the same lady

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hey cool your jets, or at least shift into a lower gear! I don't hear anyone disagreeing that the POTS line IS the answer. But there are companies that will try to make it work, in spite of the fact they shouldn't, either because they don't understand the nature of the problem, or simply because they are trying to assist their customer, or whatever...

Sheesh....

RHC

Reply to
R.H.Campbell

About 46 people to 1. Maybe next time Jen walk's past a mirror she will look into it (and have this sick feeking, of course) :)

Reply to
brettjbyers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.