Paying customer wakes up to CF alarm every morning

yes, but it's gotta be a "#" in this case..not commas....commas were for the 2000 systems....with 3000, it must be "#"

Reply to
bdebj2
Loading thread data ...

I have a question Bob. Why would ADI not be inviolation for abetting unlicensed activity by selling to an unlicensed individual [in violation of their corp policy, as stated on the signs in their stores, by the way] who then sells to other unlicensed individuals?

Reply to
joe

understanding

Joe

It's not a violation of Florida State law to sell equipment. If it was a violation to sell equipment, then Home Depot, Lowe's and every hardware store in the state would be in violation for selling electrical wire, plumbing material, etc. It's only a violation to install equipment without a license.

It's OK to sell alarm equipment in Florida, such as Mr. Bass says he does. It's not OK to install that alarm equipment or monitor it unless you have a license, which Mr. Bass does not have.

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

so as long as he does no design work, programming or sign contracts he is good to go? Must be tuff on his 'customers'

Reply to
joe

Weekly?!? You don't even bother with daily testing??? What the olson are you doing to your poor vic... er, clients?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

right!!!!.... as long as there is dial tone at the time of install!!! if you choose to cancel your phone, that's up to YOU......if YOU choose to cancel phone service, it puts all liability on YOU!! that's why you have to test your system weekly....to insure connection to brinks is working......if not, it is up to YOU to call and schedule a service call!!!

Reply to
bdebj2

I think you're confusing a communicator "daily test signal" with an alarm manufacturer's recommended system test. Most manufacturer's label their keypads with "test system weekly". I know you haven't actually *seen* any of the keypads you currently sell and haven't serviced an actual system for nine years so I thought I'd give you the "heads up". I'm such a nice guy, eh!!

:-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

the newest system dials out every 13 weeks....other than that, there is no "automatic" test......it is up to the customer to test their system.....

on the older ones, the system NEVER dialed out on it's own.... the ONLY time the system is tested is when the customer (by contract) sends their MONTHLY test.....but it's recommended they test it WEEKLY......

i've been to some houses where we have not received a signal for over 9 years...... people just assume that since they can arm and disarm the system, that it's actually working......when i show them that it says "test weekly" right on the front of the kp....most of them say they never noticed it.... one lady accused me of switching her kp behind her back!!!

Reply to
bdebj2

What Customers.........

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

understanding

If they were under some sort of licensing regulation they would be guilty but they are not required to have a license.

[in violation

Some locations are better than others about requiring the license. I believe they pretty much all require proof of licensure when the account is set up. But here is the problem besides not auditing their own files. They sell alot of equipment that does not require a license to install. Car alarms for instance. An account is set up and the company comes in for years buying car alarms. The counter guys get to know them by first name, account number is right on the tip of their fingers and then one day a guy puts a motion dectector or a camera on the counter. They don't have any way at hand to see if the guy is licensed to install the equipment or do they even think about it. The next thing you know the guy is buying all sort of security equipment. It is even worse to see the employees of companies buying equipment over the counter for cash. You know where that is going. My suggestion is, if you see it happening and you have an account with ADI, make it known that you realize they are selling wholesale to an unlicensed company, company employees, or individuals walking in off the street. E-mail corporate about violations of their own policies. The branch managers are the ones ultimately responsible for what happens in their branches and then again it is the monthly sales figures that drive their decissions.

who then sells to other unlicensed individuals?

The bASS types. Anyone can buy anything over the internet. Resellers are the easiest way for unlicensed contractors to by equipment. Path of least resistance.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

And your so self righteous.........I suppose when you program one of your clients systems to their pager/cellphone, because they don't want CS monitoring, you have a daily test signal sent to them or is that just on the clients systems you programmed that you are sending a bill for monitoring services. What is your recommendation to your clients that you simply sell equipment to that are going to DIY it. "Oh by the way, you must test this system daily to make sure it works". I am sure you cover this in great detail. Does your monitoring agreement address daily, weekly, monthly or any test at all?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Wrong. The Florida license statute does not regulate contracts unless the contracts pertain to regulated work. This may be a bit too complicated for you to grasp. If so, refer back to the first word in this paragraph.

Jackass #2 replied:

More than you will ever have

Reply to
Robert L Bass

What "monitoring contract"?? Have you actually seen Robert's redesigned "monitoring" section?? He's selling equipment that only a *Dealer* with a valid account can set up along side programmable voice dialers. There's no disclaimer advising his vict... er... I mean customers that they won't be able to program or set up the Uplink or Telguard communicator they buy from him.

Since he's been investigated for unlicensed activity (selling monitoring contracts) he's started steering his customers to "NextAlarm" (I really love how he's got the "Alarm Central" logo next to the "NextAlarm" link). NextAlarm is another fine "dealer" that cares so much about their clients, they'll send them a proprietory communicator with instructions on how to circumvent the existing alarm company's equipment if the customer doesn't have access to installer level programming... Sheesh!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

You mean.......Sleeezzzzsh!!!

Reply to
Bob Worthy

I definately have a blinking "CP Trouble". I did the holding - zero to reset, but the next day at the same time the beeping comes back. Since I am still a paying customer and paying for the maint agreement, I can just bring support back in but they have tried so many times and I am moving in a month or so anyway, if you or anyone else have other ideas on how to essentially stop a CP error because of my vonage it would be apprecaited. For the passionate among us.... I AM a paying legitimate brings customer, I have learned my lession and will get a landline at the new house, and pulling the power is not preferred because we still like to arm it at night.

Reply to
brettjbyers

Jen...tel- you are welcome to addres me directly instead of speaking as if I not in the room. By your response you clearlfy havent read through all the threads. I wouldnt blame you for not, that is until you start making derogatory comments about me when you have no idea what you are talking about. I am going to put things in very short, bulleted sentences for you- maybe a nice quick re-cap would fill you in. Actually this is not for you... about 3 minutes is my limit on investing time with lesser lifeforms... This reap is for the 70+ responses from people who realize I am an honest paying customer with a legitimate challenge they are helping me to respond. Your negative energy is best posted elsewhere, you are excused.

For those who have been helping me and just jumped in...

1) The context: $130 phone bills for my wife to call home in London is a lot of bling. So can you honestly blame me for giving Vonage a try- which as lowered my bills to $30. Hold you breadth..... relief is coming! 2) I am already one step ahead of you...Sure I could get a POTS system but my wife and I just bought a new home and hope to move soon (a month or so). I am not in the witness reloation program... I am not going.to drag in a POPS line for a month. 3) Lesson learned!!... LandLine on new house will be ready to roll! I am just trying to get by the next month or so without the annoying CF peep ever night at the same time. I am still paying my full monthly service even thought I have not been able to get a connection since switching to vonage (No I a not crying about it, just heading off at the pass those people who think everyone who asks a question about disabling a communication error is stealing). My wife and I just want some piece and quiet on this failing system until we move. I even spoke with Brinks in Des Plaines, IL today to configure the package for my new house. I paid them lots of bling for the first system, keep in monitored religious for three years, and my 4,000sf new house is going to require me to purchase a ton of new gear. I am not cheap so hopefully Jen...Tel you dropped off this forum but if the curiousty was getting you ME...NO...CHEAP. ME...PAY....LOTS! Hardware and monitoring. And I don't mind. If I did I would not have signed up. and 4) No.... unplugging the system is not an option because, even though the connectivity does not work, I am still paying and would like to use the system (local) at night.

So we are back to.... is there a way to disable the daily CP trouble alarm. bdebj2 suggested holding down 0 for 10 seconds to reboot... that works but the next day the alarm comes on at the same time. Bdebj2 had some othe suggestions I will work through. Thank [most of] you for being so helpful and trying to help an honest (ahem) person.

Reply to
brettjbyers

I will call them tomorow and have them come out. What will that do? Thanks for sticking with me bdebj2!

Reply to
brettjbyers

ahhhh I can reminise on the days I actually did used to run the test frequently... but know I know the result so I don't even try :(

Reply to
brettjbyers

Since it can't get through to them and you're moving in a month anyway..have them make it a local system. That way it won't send anything...no alarms, no tests, no fail to test beeps...of course no response either !

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Tried but when I have spoken with them they said this "could not be done." Which is the reason for my posting because I know it can be. Even though my wife likes to use the system at night, I may just need to buck up and unplug it and continuing paying my monthly bill as a lesson learned until I move.

Reply to
brettjbyers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.