Odd monitoring Question

I have a motorhome that I will be storing (there is no security there) and I want to be able to have the alarm monitored. (I have purchased a cellular backup unit to accomplish this) The problem is that standard monitoring wants it to be a fixed address. (something that this obviously isnt) So, what are my options?

Reply to
mikesus
Loading thread data ...

Any number of ways. If where you park it has a fixed address but changes to another fixed address, you just have to keep your CS updated with current information and alarm permits (if required). Another way would be to have CS call you first to confirm the locations.

I've done construction trailers which move around every few months like this...not a problem if you have a flexible CS.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Crash

Guess mine is not so flexible... Will have to call around... Any suggestions?

Reply to
mikesus

You might try telling your CS that you are monitoring a storage space, instead of a motorhome. Then, in zone descriptions, put motorhome door, motorhome motion, etc. What are they gonna say, no? ;-)

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Well they probably will... There is no address for the lot where its at...

Reply to
mikesus

The reason they want a fixed is address is obviously to know where to send the authorities if you have an alarm event. Any central station worth a crap probably won't monitor a motorhome without some type of special contract language. There's too much liability involved with the potential of dispatching to the wrong address. If you plan on responding to the alarm yourself, you may want to drop the CS monitoring all together and have the alarm panel call you directly via cell. Many control panels have the ability of sending alarm information to a pager or cell phone. I'm sure you realize that there may be gaps in cell coverage and you may not be able to be monitored at all in some locations without a land line.

Reply to
J.

I used to monitor mobile snack bars for local city parks, the best we could do for addresses was; "such and such park, north east corner behind the east little league backstop". The cops knew what we meant.

Stanley Barthfarkle wrote:

Reply to
Crash

Make one up. Then when they call to tell you about the alarm at such-and-such address you made up, you know where it is really. Also request to the CS NOT to call the local PD. The last thing you want is them trying to find your made up address.

Julian

Reply to
julian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.