Need help adding a keypad

I just bought a home with an existing alarm system, ADEMCO, Vista-15 with 2 ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 keypads. I did not have the master code, but was able to find out the installer code. I used this to reset the master code. Things were looking good until I decided to try and make a change, I tried putting an exit delay on the back door. I was not familiar with the programming mode so I messed another zone up. I could not fix the zone, so I reset the programming data by using *97 in programming mode. Things started looking better until I noticed the second keypad was not working. I did a little research and found that by pressing 1 & 3 together I can see the address of the keypads. The one that is working is 16 and the one that is not is 17. I was able to change the address by powering down and then up and hitting 1 & 3 together. I only tried changing the one that was not working. Nothing that I changed it to helped. When I changed it to 16, the same as the working one, the 'ready' light came on but neither keypads worked properly. I assume it's because they are not allowed to have the same address. So, if anyone knows what I need to do to get the second keypad working again, I would appreciate a little advice. The keypads are identical and they were working before I reset the system (*97). Thanks.

Reply to
steve
Loading thread data ...

One needs to be set to 16 and the other to 17, then in field 190 (I think it's 190) you have to tell it that 17 is there..I usually enter 10 for that field.(10 gives you:enabled keypad 17 and no surpreesion of sound at that keypad)

BUT you know that *97 wipes out all programming and sets the panel back to factory programming right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

you're grouchy today ;-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

the op is probably a diyer

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Paper or plastic?

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

RTFM!!! :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

I was thinking more like "Would you like fries with that?"

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I was standing in front of the counter (not behind as Bass says I do) at Tried the other day, waiting to pick up a small order, when some ninny called to ask a question, the answer to which was in the 5020 manual. I have postively no patience for supposed alarm "professionals" that don't take the time to familiarize themselves with a product before they go out there and install or service it (let alone have never read the manual, or can't look up the answer for themselves). DSC is a pretty simple system to understand in the first place and granted the OP has an Ademco panel but that just doesn't excuse plain, rotten, laziness...

Are you listening Tom?? Leave Mark to deal with those other ninnies. RTFM!!! :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.