Motion detector programming

I programmed my pirs as interior follower and they tended to activate the alarm instantly whenever they saw motion. Now I changed them to interior/delay and they give me a chance!

Is this OK? I would like for someone to give me some suggestions on how to best set up my zones. (Ademco Vista 20) The instructions are hard to decipher.

Zone 1 is fire

2 is pir 3 is pir 4 is door switch 5 is door switch 6 is door switch 7 is window switch 8 is not used.

Everything is hard-wired. Thanks!

Reply to
Injun Ear
Loading thread data ...

Which zone do you come in & out from? Whatever that zone is, program it as type 1 (Entry/Exit) and reprogram the motions back as followers (04)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Jim,

I surmise that he's turing the PIRs on when he's in the house and doesn't know what a follower zone is supposed to do.

Reply to
Jim

Reply to
Injun Ear

Set zones 4 & 5 to type 01 Set zones 6 & 7 to type 03

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to
Injun Ear

Yes, 2 and 3 should be interior follower (04).

Interior (in the house) Follower (follows the entry delay and doesn't go into alarm during it if the entry door is opened first)

When testing, it may be easier to test by arming the system, go outside for a few minutes (make sure arming is complete), and re-enter through one of your entry doors. When you come in, the keypad should start beeping as your entry delay ticks away (usually 30 seconds). In that time it doesn't matter if you trip a motion. Once the delay is finished, go through the house tripping the rest of your motions and contacts.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

You got it.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.