Looking for sleep detector preferably with digital output

Hi,

I am looking for an anti fall asleep (drowsy) systems (sleep detectors) for in vehicles. Preferably with digital out put. Anyone can help me?

Reply to
bartvandongen
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Why do you need a digital output for a fall asleep unit? They make a local unit for truckers. It fits on the ear and has a mercury switch. If the head starts nodding an alarm goes of in the ear.

BobbyD

Reply to
bdolph

I am looking for a system which can be attached to our fleet management system, that records location, speeding, excess idle etc. But, eventually, we can proceed in an analogue system, in that case, where to find on the web?

Bart

bdolph wrote:

Reply to
bartvandongen

I helped a guy deign a system for that purpose but it was for use on river barges. Contact me privately and I'll explain what he used and how it works.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

of all the things to freely share, this strikes me as one you, in particular, might be happy to share? why must he contact you directly? spit it out, or must I contact you directly as well?

I helped a guy deign a system for that purpose but it was for use on river barges. Contact me privately and I'll explain what he used and how it works.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
mikey

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

This from a guy who fell asleep at the wheel and killed someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Reply to
Jim

He is afraid of posting any of "his supposed ideals" in fear someone else will recognize them as their own. I think he has gathered an entire library of "his ideas" authored by other people.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

He is afraid of posting any of "his supposed ideals" in fear someone else will recognize them as their own. I think he has gathered an entire library of "his ideas" authored by other people.

Yes, I should have figured that out. I caught him on an idea he plucked from a Sentrol handbook once. That was fun tio watch, the plagerism was obvious. He must have figured nobody else still had the book around I guess. I'd still like to know what he's on about though. Sounds like dead-man's switch or something like that. I've seen those things you clip on your ears with a mercury switch in them,

Reply to
mikey

While I helped with the design, the project isn't mine. I'll need to ask the gentleman if he minds me sharing the technique publicly. If he agrees, fine. Otherwise I will only divulge what I contributed in sufficient detail to allow you to figure out how to accomplish the task in your own way.

FWIW, it isn't all that complex a technique and it would need to be modified to work in a car since river barge pilots on the boats for which this system was designed actually stand up rather than sit. That was something I didn't know about until the client contacted me. I don't know if it's true of all barges or just those of the client's firm.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
robertlbass

Boy, I'll bet that bit of brilliant design bent your brain capacity. If the river boat pilot fell asleep standing up, he would surely awaken when he hit the floor. :o]

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Bob Worthy wrote: "Boy, I'll bet that bit of brilliant design bent your brain capacity. If the river boat pilot fell asleep standing up, he would surely awaken when he hit the floor. :o]"

Hear, Hear..... Or is that Here, Here.....

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

His last suggestion involved between 1 to 4 relays interrupting a phone line to a burg/fire system

Think about it....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.