local monitoring

Is local monitoring still as attractive as it used to be?

I've been with the same local station for 17 years but I get some incredible offers from out of province stations. My existing one overflows to out of province stations, what's the big deal?

New customers still ask though... if I move, how can I sugarcoat it?

Service centres are still LOCAL Installers are still LOCAL ... ?

Reply to
mikey
Loading thread data ...

As long as the service and installation is local, it doesn't really matter where it gets monitored.

The only thing with local monitoring (at least in my area) is that they're not ULC approved stations. So if the one guy working that night goes for a smoke break, and your house gets broken into at that moment, you're outta luck.

Reply to
shady

Do UL central station have a restriction about their employees taking smoke breaks? Just kidding.

Just a thought but ..... I don't think that being UL says that the service is going to be any better or worse than a well run non-UL central. Just because it's "supposed" to be better, doesn't mean it will be.

Reply to
Jim

I've been with the same local station for 17 years but I get some incredible offers from out of province stations. My existing one overflows to out of province stations, what's the big deal?

New customers still ask though... if I move, how can I sugarcoat it?

Service centres are still LOCAL Installers are still LOCAL ... ?

Reply to
Dana Wiegner

True.

Not true.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

For clarification, I did not mean to imply that nationals' staff are not well trained. There are some national and regional providers whose staff are excellent. Likewise there are some local firms with excellent staff. Unfortunately, some nationals and some locals are awful, too.

The point is (and I suspect the previous poster will agree) that neither nationals nor local firms have a lock on good or bad performance.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.