Copper and lead going up

Was at several different supply houses around Pittsburgh yesterday and there all saying copper and lead are going up in price by as much as 25% which is very strange for this time of year any one else here this.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Look at the commodities trading rates. More than likely it's a price increase dictated by reduced demand in the wire making industries and trying to make up revenue by jacking prices. This sort of thing usually happens at the distribution level. It just drives business off shore in the long run.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Oops. I should take my own advice. LME and others do show an upward trend in the price of copper over the last year.

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe

and that recycled lead they must be using in batteries these days really sucks, we're not getting the same amount of life out of them we used to.

hey was that you I saw quoted in security intergration mag. last month I think it was?...about cross-zoning smokes?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, Best lead comes from China.

Reply to
Jim

Check to make sure the battery manufacturer uses "virgin lead", not recycled. The batteries that employ the former may be a tad more expensive (like maybe $1.00), but the extra life is worth it.

Reply to
Frank Olson

virgin lead? where have you ever seen that listed? I only use Genesis now and even they are made in Viet Nam now (this week...next week who knows).

Reply to
Crash Gordon

formatting link
Click on the "Intepower Canada Ltd." link. Their batteries are one of the best I've ever used.

Reply to
Frank Olson

ge

Crash, did you see my post about Yuasa being back in business?

If not, check back in the archives. I posted excerpts from a letter I got from them at ISC east explaining their position. I've already started using them again instead of Genesis. Alarmax is one distributor but I'm sure if you go to their website you can find one near you.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.