casi rusco

My company took over a account from a big security chain. One of the building on this campus has a Micro 5 PX with 2 CK8RP and STI boards installed. Part of the take over was that we upgrade the system to Secure Perfect to 6.0. After the upgrade the security office started receiving hundreds of alarms from this building on all reader doors. Two techs were sent out to go thru all inputs that are connected to the STI boards. We could not find anything wrong accept poor installation practise. Called GE tech support and the tech I spoke to told me since we flashed the Micro with 3x app. code version 6.002 that we should find out what firmware version the STI board are. The company I work for order the 9 pin cable needed to connect to the CK8RP board. When I connect laptop to the CK8RP using the Flashtool program, the program could not see the STI boards. So I tried MCUTIL, this did'nt work. I called GE tech support and the tech I spoke to was not really any help. So I was wondering If any body out there that has work with these boards could give me some help. Thanks neil

Reply to
neil
Loading thread data ...

Actually, the 9 pin cable hooks to the Power/Comm board. The 8RP is the reader interface board. It only has connections for the 8 readers, nothing else

Not familiar with the STI boards, since I have only used the 20DI boards. 20 input board basically.

Reply to
Silicon Sam

thanks Sam, the CK8RP is design for take over of Card Key access control system using the readers and twisted pair wire that runs from the Card Key controller to door modules. The CK8RP board has 8 reader ports and one 9 pin connector built on the board and this is for flashing the STI boards out in the field. In the Flashtool program under File theres a selection for flashing STI boards.The STI boards are similar to the WIU-4 boards used to connect HID readers to the 8RP boards thanks neil

Reply to
neil

Just so I know, what readers are you using? I guess they're not Casi, as casi prox readers will supervise the door devices when using an 8RP so all you need to run is a 2pr/22. Since your familiar with the software, you probably know that already.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Buchanan

thanks Andrew, the reader that are connected to the STI boards are HID PROX. On the board there are dip switch setting for reader format, supervise, non-supervise and address. Also if you make the board supervise there are 4 extra DI inputs. In the installation instruction all is requied is 22/2 twisted pair non-shield wire from the Micro to the STI boards. The STI Boards have to be flash with a firmware ver.

15 or 17 depending on the manufacture date of the CK8RP thru the 9 pin connector built on board. I have not figured the problem out yet. I order new Comm/Power and CPU boards. If you can help me in any way, I would greatly appreciate it. thanks neil
Reply to
neil

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.