Meridian SL1 - How to change the number of rings before hunting to voice mail

Is it possible to change the number of rings a 500 set rings before hunting to voice mail? Right now when I call ext 7827, it will ring 5 or 6 times, I want to make it so that it rings only 2 times and then hunts. I dont want to change all phone sets, just this specific one. We have an older Meridian SL1 pbx.

thanks

Reply to
adepaolis
Loading thread data ...

Define older... what release?

Reply to
Bob

Yes.

You use the RCO prompt. It's normally set to 0 (the default) but it can be set to 1 or 2 also. You define the number of rings in Load 15 (Customer Data Block). Look under RDR (Call Redirection), there you will find CFN0, CFN1 and CFN2. These are normally set to 4 (rings) but can be set to anything between 1 and 15. CFN0 applies to RCO 0, CFN1 to RC0 1, and CFN2 to RC0 2.

Good luck.

Reply to
RonB

When I go to LD 15, I receive this error:

ld 15 OVL309

Any ideas? Also, how to I check what revision I have?

Reply to
adepaolis

From the Manual...

"OVL0309 You do not have access to that Overlay."

It means you have a limited access login. If you're in charge of that switch you are going to need know at least the Level 1 password, or have someone else change the access levels in your current login.

To check the software release, go to LD 22 and type ISS. Other useful commands in LD 22 are ISSP (tells you the release and the names of any patches in the software) and SLT, which tells about your license, how many ports are used and how many you have left.

Good luck.

BTW, you should be able to go to LD 21 and print the CDB (Customer Data Block), even though you are not allowed to change it -- unless the only loads they are letting you into and LD 20 and LD 95 (not uncommon). If you can get into LD 21, you can at least check to see were CFN0, CFN1 and CFN2 are set -- though it's likely they are at the default of four rings.

Reply to
RonB

Maybe, actually. That's why I asked what release he was on.... If he's on a release 5 SL-1 MS with a tape drive (He did say "older Meridian SL1", so the possibilities are endless) he'll be kinda out of luck. I did see in a later post that he's got a LAPW problem, so he's gotta be 22 or newer.......

Reply to
Bob

The oldest release I've worked with, I think, was 17 on an Option 21E. Release 5? They must of still been stringing 'em together with dinosaur guts at that time. :~]

I do remember going on one trouble call with my brother, before I got into the business, where we worked on a tape drive switch. But even then it was pretty rare, some mumble-dee mumble-dee years ago.

Reply to
RonB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.