Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
January 5, 2007, 6:50 am
rate this thread
I've my new house pre-wired. But I'm a newbie to home-theather. When
picked our options, the builder never asked us what kind of wires (for
would we like to use. So now I'm worried (after talking to friends),
perhaps a bit late.
Question is, what kind of cables do builders typically use for
pre-wiring (i.e. thicker
guage?)? The reason I ask is that based on the locations of the 5.1
concerned that if I place my A/V receiver too far from the distribution
panel, the total length of
the speaker wires might be too long.
Total length here is defined as: length from receiver to panel + length
to farthest speaker. Length from receiver to panel could be 20ft or
- » Seeking powered speaker tower with front-facing subwoofer
- — Next thread in » Home Theater
- » Need help identifying if two cables I have are interchangeable
- — Newest thread in » Home Theater
- » NABET-CWA Members Win Largest Back Pay Settlement in NLRB History [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum