Need to Change Channel - I've read everything but....

I've a security system, in which camera 1's freq is 2.414.

I've a Dell Inspiron with an Intel 2100 NIC (I also have a Linksys WRT54G) and a Linksys Wireless Router.

No matter what I do, If I move the router OFF Auto or channel 1 no connection.

I need to get it to Channel 6 but preferably 11 (even better 14). Considering where I live that isn't going to be a problem.

Anyone have any ideas why this won't move to 11? OR better yet how I can get it to 14?

Reply to
Randall
Loading thread data ...

No connection to/from _what_? The pc NIC fixed on channel 1? Assuming either router is in infrastructure mode, client NICs will try to associate with same; read: they will have to do the connecting?

The better description & question-formulation, the better/quicker the likely responses.

Oh ... if you change such config on WAP/router without making corresponding change on NICs, guess what? No connection, at least not via radio. Have you tried doing the config via ethernet connection, so temporary wireless outage can be ignored?

HTH, J

Reply to
barry

Considering I mentioned the NIC and the Dell I figured it was somewhat obvious what I was talking about, but for those who can't or don't take the time to read, the router and Intel NIC do not communicate.

READ: You have too much time on your hands.

That's not what has been said in the past - it has been noted on many occasions - perhaps you should read before you type, is that when the NIC will go out to find a channel that the router is broadcasting on.

Yes - strictly wireless. Been fixed anyways.

Crawl back into your hole - kill filter updated.

Reply to
Randall

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007 08:20:40 -0700, Randall wrote in :

Insulting those trying to help is a good way to diminish the amount of help. Is that really your objective?

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.