new wiring

What's the best type of cable to use to connect the network interface device (NID/demarc point) to the modem? The phone wiring in my house is a patchwork, spaghetti-looking tangled mess and I want to replace it all with new wire.


Reply to
Fake Name
Loading thread data ...

Solid 4-pair Cat3 or Cat5. Available everywhere, although Home Depot and the like would be the best starting point.

Its ye old basic phone cable. cat5 doesn't give you any better results, probably just more readily available.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks. I have a spool of CAT5 and a spool of CAT3. I'm not sure what the twist is on the CAT3. It is at least greater than 4" though. I'll just use the CAT5 and be done with it.

Reply to
Fake Name Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.