Toshiba 62" DLP TV / bad lamps -- bad customer service

I like the hdtv picture overall. Beware Toshiba, however. The lamp life was too short. When I ordered a $199.95 replacement and paid extra for 2 day shipping, the lamp didn't come for a week. When I called Toshiba, they explained that I ordered after 2:00 p.m. on a Friday, and they don't ship on the weekend. When I explained that this still didn't explain why 2 day shipping took a week, they explained that "address verification" took some time and that I received it 2 days after they finally shipped it.

The bottom line is: 1) the lamp life is short; 2) the replacement cost is expensive; 3) you will be without your tv for a week even when you pay for faster shipping; and 4) Toshiba customer service is poor.

Reply to
markg10568
Loading thread data ...

Etters had written this in response to

formatting link
: Toshiba Does NOT care About Customer Service!

On Oct. 7, 2010 (less than two months after purchase) the systemboard for my Toshiba Satellite laptop went bad and this standard part was ordered the next morning. Bottom line is that the part will not even be shipped until Nov. 19 ? SIX WEEKS later!

After numerous calls, Toshiba ?customer service? (misnomer) promised that the part would be shipped on Oct. 22. Today I hear that it will now not be shipped until No. 19 ? and why should I believe that??

When I spoke with the Toshiba ?customer service? office today (1-888-800-6841 x1) they essentially said tough luck and HUNG UP on me!

Toshiba Does NOT Care About Customer Service!!

I will NEVER buy any Toshiba products again ? we warned by my bad experiences!!

10/27/10

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

-------------------------------------

Reply to
Etters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.