PSTN gateway service for Asterisk in the US

Hello, I have an Asterisk server that I would like to connect to the PSTN through a VOIP service provider (I do not have a PSTN line available to Asterisk). I need some calls that Asterisk receives through IP to be routed to US PSTN phones (no international, no incoming calls, and just a single call at a time). And I would like to use IAX2 as the protocol between Asterisk and the PSTN provider. Can anybody suggest me good (and affordable) providers? Thanks Cesar

Reply to
morphinum
Loading thread data ...

Broadvoice has a plan called BYOD that costs $6/mo for 100 outgoing minutes to US and Canada, 3.9 cpm beyond that, or $20/mo for unlimited outgoing. If you want incoming calls, they're free.

They specifically support Asterisk and have detailed config instructions on their web. I haven't used it, but they certainly look like they're serious about supporting Asterisk.

You might also look at

formatting link
a prepaid service specifically for IAX users. It sure is cheap.

R's, John

Reply to
John R. Levine

I never did manage to get Broadvoice to work with Asterisk at all. On the plus side, I did get my money back and they didn't keep billing my card.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

My experience with broadvoice and asterisk wasn't that good. I signed up with them last summer a little after they announced their BYO plan. After a week of flawless service they announced that they just "tightened the security" on some of their servers. At that point asterisk stopped connecting to certain servers entirely. It was essentially the luck of the draw as to whether asterisk would connect to an old-config or new-config server. I gave them another week to straighten things out. When little changed I quit. It took another 6 months for me to get them to stop billing my credit card though.

A much better deal in my opinion is to go with Gefachi or Teliax which both have 2 cents per minute with no monthlies and no setup. Both work with asterisk and can talk either SIP or IAX. I'm not a fan of proprietary protocols. I just use SIP with ulaw encoding and get phone quality audio, with less noise.

The one thing I wish I could find is a VOIP service provider that was only 20-30 ms away from me. It seems silly to send IP packets all the way to the east coast (adding 100ms delay) just to call your neighbor in California.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

formatting link

Reply to
R-Guy

Voicepulse Connect, NuFone, voipjet, teliax

Reply to
BlueRinse

use a clt

Marco

Reply to
Marc Popek

Hey asshole, this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the question that this person asked. STOP SPAMMING the newgrsoups with your garbage or at the very least quit changing your address so I don't have to update my killfile all the time. You are one of only about three people I have had to killfile over several years of usenet use, you are that annoying, really.

Reply to
B.M. Wright

I had assumed he was changing his address because the people who complained to his ISP after each spam blast were getting the old ones cancelled.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.