Tring to build a Gaming Machine

First of all, I am trying to build a blazing fast machine mostly for gaming, some CADD, Photoshop, video recording/editing. I want to build a dual processor system. First of all is a dual opteron system going to be faster than say a single FX-55? By how noticieable? I am planning to spend a good amount to get what I want I do not plan to skimp anywhere. Next, If a Dual system is the way to go, Should I even consider Xeon. How does a dual 1.4 Opteron compare to a dual 3.0 Xeon, for I can build both for in my budget. Maybe I am wrong though, I just thought i had found both for roughly similar prices online. My biggest concern is the processor as far. Once I get that down I can decide on Mobo. I know that I want at least 1 probably 2 Gigs Mem, SCSI, at least 2 drives(1 - 10k,36Gig, 1 - 10k,300Gig), at least 256 meg vid card, several PCI slots including PCI-X, and all the extra expansion possible. The trouble is finding a mobo, that will accomodate all that I want and dual cpu's. Maybe I am going in the completely wrong direction here, I just Don't know. Please can ne1 help with reccomendations?!?!?!?

Reply to
TheSierraSniper
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.