Need a keypad

I find it hard to find good-looking keypads to mount on the walls. All I need is a dry contact for low current. However, it is very important that it will look 'sexy' and appealing, taking a small space on the wall and have at least 10 keys.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Yoram
Loading thread data ...

I asked this a while back myself and didn't get any leads (at least on inexpensive stuff). I've spent a great deal of time looking into this (I wanted a replacement for Centralite controls) but came up with nothing. The best I've been able to come up with is to bite the bullet and use expensive Lutron or Vantage controls and modify - but that's an expense I don't want. I also looked into doing a small run of custom controls - pricewise it wasn't too bad for doing a whole house, but it's a one-time deal and is a bit complicated.

If you find something, please post a reply!

Reply to
stormy2084

I dunno what you idea of sexy is (previous post) , but one could make whatever configuration one wanted by

1) mounting thin, tactile switches on pcb material
formatting link
?KeywordSearch 2) covering them with printed mylar artwork of whatever content and style you considered 'sexy" -- numbers, room names, pictures of the apostles... Whatever strikes your fancy and, 3) placing the assembly inside whatever conventional light switch surround (Decora etc) suits you.

Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.