trying to find a good Universal remote control

We've got a TEAC AG-D9260 surround sound receiver, RCA 27" "Entertainment Series" CRT TV, Panasonic DMR-E80H DVR-DVD recorder, and a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 cable box and I'm trying to find 1 remote control that will work EVERYTHING on every remote. On all of the universals I've tried so far, things like menus, and other advanced functions don't work, so we are stuck using the universals for channel changing, turning units on and off etc., but if we need to access menus and more advanced functions we have to go back to the original remotes. Is there anyone that makes an ultimate remote that will do everything? At a reasonable price? I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars, but I'd like to be done with these remote wars!

Thanks for any help you might offer, Snyde

Reply to
Snydley
Loading thread data ...

Well, for my money the MX-700 is the one. It is programmable from your computer (PC only) and has everything I could ever want. It even lets my wife watch DVDs without my coaching! I bought it for about $140 if memory serves from

formatting link
(usual disclaimers). You have to have a PC with a serial port (or be able to add one) and a certain comfort level with programming this sort of thing (think FUN). If this is not your cup of tea, then the Harmonys are another option. Good luck and have fun Jim

Reply to
Jim Sanchez

I have the MX-500 and although it does not have PC funtionality it is AWESOME. I have an HDTV, Cable Box/On-Demand/HD Cable/Cable Box DVR, an Xbox

360, Xbox, Tivo and 5.1 receiver ALL controlled easily with my Home Theater Master (MX-500) It's awesome. My wife & kids use it as well. Cake.
Reply to
RKRM

Thanks for the reply. I ended up buying a Harmony 880, 172.00 - 50. rebate =

127. I couldn't be happier! So far everything works well, (knock wood) :-) Snyde

"Entertainment

Reply to
Snydley

Where did you find that deal?

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.