Way to block PC on LAN

On a 192. subnet, there's a PC that I would like to block (stop all communication to and from) using a software app or applet. What lean and mean software will do this? and should the IP or MAC address be blocked?

-G

Reply to
gabbey.maps
Loading thread data ...

The only real method, remove the cable.

You can also remote into it and disable the NIC.

Any software you install on the machine can be changed by the user/owner.

Reply to
Leythos

Any host based personal packet filter/personal firewall that can stop inbound and outbound traffic to from the machine that the software is running on should be able to do it by IP. Some software can do it by MAC, but I don't know which ones those would be.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Unplug the cable.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Since you didn't mention any boring details such as OS version, network infrastructure etc. there are 3 alternatives:

- Without leaving your chair: Log on to the switch and disable the switch port

- With leaving the chair: Walk over to the PC and remove the network cable

- With malice: Remove the patch-cable for the socket that the PC is connected to, and hook up an Etherkiller.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Ohhhhhhhh, _nasty_ little bastard!!! I find that putting the head on a pike out by the building entrance often works as an example, unless your local law enforcement types are old-fashioned.

Colo[u]r codes differ in various countries.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.