COMODO v. ZoneAlarm?

Where could I find objective comparison info of the effectiveness of Comodo Firewall Pro and ZoneAlarm free?

TIA

Reply to
Jerry Ennis
Loading thread data ...

PFW Criticism.

formatting link
"Personal Firewalls" are mostly snake-oil.
formatting link
Why your firewall sucks.
formatting link
"But I quickly realized the truth: The added protection provided by outbound filtering is entirely illusory."

At Least This Snake Oil Is Free.

formatting link

Reply to
Kayman

Commodo is annoying and is always asking to grant permission to apps that have already been granted permission to. And dll components section is useless because most people don't have clue what each component is even. ZoneAlarm is far less annoying. If you are on XP or Vista just use the one Microsoft provides and use a router with hardware firewall.

Reply to
John Adams

Yep, actually liked it. But the reoccuring popups made me go back to ZA. Use ZA 4.5 now (6.5 is to much a resource hog, and 4.5 does the job by monitoring what programs access the net, as stated here over and over it won't ctach all ill behaved programs, but that's life :-)

Reply to
Lars-Erik Østerud

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.