Another firewall to replace Kerio Personal Firewall (KPF) v2.1.5 in XP Pro. SP3?

Hello.

KPF v2.1.5 has been giving annoying fwdrv.sys blue screens in Windows XP Pro. SP3 over the last few months. I thought I got it fixed by uninstalling old PerfectDisk v6, but I got another blue screen last night. You can see the full details, including WinDbg analysis logs, in

formatting link

I think it is time for me to dump it and replace it with something else. The problem is which one? I am looking for something small/light and fast that only blocks network connections especially outbounds like KPF and even the old Conseal PC Firewall in Windows 9x. I do NOT need checksums, adblockers, parental controls, etc. Also, it needs to work on dial-up connections if my cable modem connection (behind a Linksys WRT54GL router. but it doesn't block other computers on LAN and outbound network connections) goes down or something.

Thank you in advance. :)

Reply to
Ant
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.