Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CSC-SSM
dear all, As I read in the CSC documentation I can see we still need for the anti-virus in each PC in our network to prevent the network from the inside. is that correct ? if any one had used this...

Sonicwall Pro 200 VPN Stops
I have a Sonicwall Pro 200 Firewall. The VPN works fine for a while, but after time you are unable to connect. You can reset the Firewall thru the GUI and it works again for a while until it stops...

Spending two and a half hours installing a SINGLE game is normal?
Spending two and a half hours installing a single game is normal? This is a quote from someSo if we add everything... 2 + 30 + 120 = 152 that is 2 and a half hours! Two and a half hours to install a...

m0n0wall ipsec vpn
hi. I have a m0n0wall m0n0wall vpn i just setup and both sides are connected. however, i cannot ping any hosts on either side of the vpn. i've tried posting on the m0n0wall mailing list but i've been...

port block question along path
Hi, Is there any good tool to see where a port is being blocked along an ip path? e.g. if i am behind my firewall, and i try to connect to a remote server on the internet (which may also be behind a...

What does Smoothwall Express offer over my D-Link?
Hello all, and I hope you can suffer a noob question. I have a small business network with 1 server, 12 computers, off of a cable modem. My D-Link DI-524 router died (I think it overheated in our West...

What application
What application utilizes port 63000 and >. I am seeing alot of traffic on these ports and I'm guessing they are bittorrent related. Any clues?

Diversion to non-responding, suspicious sites?
Hi, It occurs to me that in many cases when I want to go to a site, the chosen URL at the top of FF's window doesn't correspond to the one that shows up at the left hand bottom corner of the window. I...

Fortigate 100A gateway-to-gateway VPN configuration
Hi all, I have 2 x Fortigate 100As, the IP address on the wan interfaces us dynamic IP addresses on both boxes (although the IPs don't change for very long period of time - like either months/years)....

Move from Sonicwall to... ?
I've had it with Sonicwall and am looking for recommendations for other firewalls that people have used with success that won't break the bank. I currently have 15, 3 pro series (230 and 2040) and the...

Jetico firewall
Any one used this pfw, just installed and it setup ok, seems ok for freebie.

Opinion on Best Personal Firewall w WebVPN capabilities
Hello- I currently have a NS 5xp which is working well with my VPN client on my laptop. But I would like a firewall with web based vpn so that I will not have to mess with client software and...

BartWare Personal Firewall 3.0.2 (beta release 2)
Hello everyone! I've been working for a while on a new version of my firewall, and I've combined the features people liked from version 1 (for Win9x) and 2 (WinXP). I've mainly designed this firewall...

Firewall or Port Scanner
Hi all, You'll all be familiar with free, self-service Internet-based port-scanning tools; Sheilds Up ()PC Flank ( SOS ( Metrics ()These only work with any degree of reliability if you have a direct...

FirewallLeaktester and Sunbelt Kerio Firewall
I've a LAN with several PCs all running Win2K (but several languages) and a Zyxel 2602H-63 ADSL modem/router. I've installed Sunbelt KPF and would like to harden the system so first I run Shieldsup!!...