WPA-PSK with Cisco Aironet 340

Hi

We are trying to get Cisco Aironet 340 Adapter AIR-PCM340 (ancient) to work with a WPA-PSK wireless router (Netgear).

Cisco mentions that only 350+ series adapters can be used with WPA:

formatting link
( cisco.com )

However, I found various messages online implying that people do use Aironet 340 with WPA-PSK. Can anyone tell me for sure?

P.S. The reason for all this trouble is that my apartment mate is too cheap to buy a newer adapter, and I don't want to have to pay for his stuff as a general principle.

Reply to
n.torrey.pines
Loading thread data ...

This is not officially supported, but here's how you'd do it if you want to give it a go.

1. Find some 350 client firmware that supports WPA-TKIP. I don't exactly recall when this was introduced, but I think it was in the 5.20 or 5.40 timeframe. I would probably start with something like 5.40.10.

formatting link
(This URL might not work; the trail-of-breadcrumbs path is Wireless > Cisco Aironet 350 Wireless LAN Client Adapter > Aironet Client Firmware > Windows XP)

1. Flash the card using ACU

1. Configure ACU to "use other application"

2. Configure some supplicant that supports WPA-PSK (such as WZC in XP)

Good luck,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.