WPA-PSK on Win2K

Been surfing on the topic of WPA-PSK with Windows 2000, and all I find are some dated articles. I thought I'd turn to this group to find the latest. Is there any freeware or inexpensive software that would enable WPA-PSK on my Win2K laptop. My desktop is running XP, and my Belkin Pre-N router and laptop card all support WPA-PSK. Thanks.

Reply to
J&SB
Loading thread data ...

Look in 'Network Connections' - set the authentication protocol of your wifi card by right clicking on it > properties.

Regards.

Reply to
ronkymac

Which wireless card are you using in your Win2k machine?

Have you checked to see if the wireless card for your laptop has updated drivers for your model? I know the Netgear 511T actually ships with support for WPA in Win2k.

Barring that -

Two realitively inexpensive WPA-PSK clients that come to mind for Win2k is the Odyssey client from Funk Software (~$50)

formatting link
formatting link

and/or

Aegis client from Meetinghouse

formatting link
(~$40)

formatting link

Reply to
Aaron

Windows 2000 doesn't support WPA. You will need a WPA supplicant.

Wireless Security Corporation (which, it seems, has recently been purchased by McAfee) provides a free WPA supplicant. I've used it -- works fine.

formatting link

Reply to
Jerry Park

Yup, I set this up last night in 15 minutes. It was a snap and it works juts fine. Thanks for the pointer!!!!

Reply to
J&SB

formatting link

Reply to
johnny

johnny wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n0sq.us:

So, the Linux WPA/WPA2/IEEE 802.1X Supplicant runs under Windows 2000 does it?

BTW: WTF is a 'supplicant' in this context?

Reply to
McSpreader

A while back, johnny said in alt.internet.wireless:

And - or,

formatting link
formatting link
These are both free and designed for Win2000 (and earlier versions for Lucidlink)

Reply to
City Guy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.