smartports macros and config

I have a config I want to use for several 4506 and 4503 switches. Other than changing the hostname and regenerating rsa keys, I can use the same config for all the switches. I plan to copy them to newly setup switches. Question is why would i need smarport macros? I think these are templates you can define on one switch and conpy them to another right?

Reply to
tony
Loading thread data ...

Hi Tony,

When you apply a Smartport Macro on an interface, the CLI commands within the macro are configured on the interface.

When the macro is applied to an interface, the existing interface configurations are not lost.

The new commands are added to the interface and are saved in the running configuration file.

Configuring SmartPort Macros:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese BradReese.Com - Cisco Repair

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Cisco Power Supply Headquarters
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Are the default macros sufficient to apply to my uplinks and access ports? how can i modify the default macros?

formatting link

Reply to
tony

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.