pass cell feed thru switch fabric

Can I simply pass traffic from a cell tower thru a Cisco switch to another switch and then exit to whatver card the cell folks are using. The feed they provide will be from a similare card on the remote side was well. These cards take the cell stuff and basically convert it from copper to fiber. My issue is shortage of fiber for 1 site and a broken path to the far side on the other. I do have a point in the middle where they all meet and I do have a path to the far end. My only issue is to do this I must pass this through my Cisco hardware. In my eyes it should be simple media conversion but I am only guessing. Thanks

Reply to
Evan Kalbach
Loading thread data ...

What sort of encapsulation does this traffic use? I'm guessing it's not Ethernet, in which case you're likely out of luck.

Can you tackle this at L1 and use a simple mating sleeve, or do I misunderstand the problem?

/Phil

Reply to
Phil Harrison

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.