Cat53 cable with Phone line plug built-in?

In my house we have cat5e ran to every room where there is a wall plate, where the 4 pairs are split into two sets - one for phone and one for data. Downstairs in the basement we have a patch panel, and then a small phone hub thing, and a switch.

Previously I had to hand make a cable that one end has a cat5e plug with all 4 pairs in it plugging into the patch panel, and then at the other end I would have to separate the pairs and have 2 go into a phone plug and 2 go into a cat5e plug. It looks like a Y. I had to do this so the in a specific room we could plug a phone line and a computer into the same wall plate.

My question is that is there anywhere that pre-makes these cables so I can get less interference and look better. The ones I make look pretty awful and I am sure I am getting connection problems with the computers.

Reply to
Ben.Bohnhoff
Loading thread data ...

Lots of places. Some useful search terms for your favorite search engine are UTP, CAT5, RJ45, and splitter.

-Larry Jones

Fortunately, that was our plan from the start. -- Calvin

Reply to
lawrence.jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.