best suppliers for telecom/networking wiring and adapters

I used to be able to get just about everything that I needed 10 years ago from Graybar, Anixter, and Datacom Warehouse. Datacom Warehouse is closed and now Graybar and Anixter's catalogs seem like they are no longer around and it is too difficult to figure out if I'm ordering what I'm actually looking for from them. I'm familiar with Black Box but are there any other suppliers left that maintain catalogs or websites with large detailed color photos of the products and clear descriptions (basically I'm looking for the opposite of the rediculous Anixter website). Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Reply to
zn
Loading thread data ...

The Datacom Warehouse that I know of is where it's been for years, I bought some CAT5 gear from them the other day.

warehouse.com aka cdw.com

A couple years ago they merged with a MAC/PC mailorder place and IMO they've gone downhill in some respects. I've bought lots of stuff for years, and I could always get a knowledgable person on the phone/to clear up the last little question about some a piece of gear I was unfamiliar with.

A year ago I tried to buy a Cisco configuration from them and the the sales people were clueless about some basic 2questions, and they had nobody else that could help. I'll still keep them on my short list, but not on the top spot.

Check out provantage.com

Reply to
Al Dykes

no direct experience myself, but

formatting link
seems to be a very informative site for some comm stuff BTW they have your 3 way adapter with 6 conductors
formatting link

Reply to
Reed

There are actually plenty of online retailers, and simple googling for 'cat 5 cable" would probably reveal 10 to 20 different ones. Besides, computer online retailers, such as Tigerdirect.com normally have networking section these days where you can find all your basic materials. Speaking of specialized cabling online retailers I like Ram Electronics

formatting link
but, again, you may find plenty others. Be careful when ordering a large batch of cables. They may get very heavy and expensive to ship, so in this case a local supplier may be a better choice.

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Have you ever used Sprint North Supply. They put out an impressive catalog, about 4" thick. Their website is also good, you can see pictures of any item and also how many they have in stock at the time. Power & Telephone Supply based in Memphis is also good.

Reply to
Natasha

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.