straight-through T-adapter with 3 jacks for RS422

I'm looking for a T-adapter wired straight-through with RJ11 6conductors that has 3 jacks going into the one plug. I'm using it with RS422 serial connections. Any idea where I can purchase one? The suppliers that I'm familiar with seem to stock only 2 jack adapters.

Thanks.

Reply to
zn
Loading thread data ...

Why not just get 3 (or more) jack blocks and wire them yourself?

Reply to
James Knott

James Knott wrote in news:n5-dne7fj9WyDyDcRVn- snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

That's the setup that I'm actually trying to replace. The wires get yanked all the time so there are too many points of failure to test out when they fail. With just a wire and 1 shared t-adapter per device, it'll make it easier to troubleshoot.

Reply to
zn

What's to get yanked? You wire up three connectors and put them in a box. There are modular systems available, that can fit the bill.

Reply to
James Knott

James Knott wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com:

Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought that you meant using a 2 port t- adapter, running two cable from it and installing another 1-to-2 adapter at the end of one of the cables.

We've been doing all of this serial cabling through standard cat 5 structured wiring and just employing t-adapters to break the connection out into multiple patch cables for multiple devices.

Reply to
zn

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.