Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 10BaseT Question
December 29, 2005, 8:44 pm
rate this thread
Re: 10BaseT Question
Every CATx cable I've ever seen had the type clearly labeled on the
jacket. I'm sure it's a requirement for compliance.
There *might* have been some CAT3 made before the requirement was
nailed down so if it dowsn't say CAT5 it *might* be CAT3 abd you could
give it a try if the distances are short, but LOL.
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m
Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
- » Get Upto 7% Discount On All Network Cables With Free Shipping
- — Next thread in » LAN and Telecom Cabling
- » OT: I want to run a Cat 5e cable 1000 meters? Is this doable?
- — Previous thread in » LAN and Telecom Cabling
- » Does anyone have a structured cabling system installation checklist to share?
- — Newest thread in » LAN and Telecom Cabling
- » Ohio city Verizon customers without 911 access for hours [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum